Translate

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Survey: My 2021 In Books|| End of Year Book Survey

This survey was created by Jana over at The Perpetural Page-turner. She doesn't seem to have made a post for it this year, that I can find, but I like this survey so I decided to do it anyway.

 Anyway, this feels like a fitting first post after my small break, I hope everybody had a great Holiday season.

 **2021 READING STATS**
Number Of Books You Read: 90 (not counting the DNF's)
Number of Re-Reads: 3
Number of DNFs: 8
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy

 

 


1. Best Book You Read In 2021?
Man, that ending... I cried.
 
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I'll just let my review speak for my feelings.

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?  
 
After reading Silver Flames, I was pleasantly surprised by this book.

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
     I will tell everybody, even if they don't listen to read both 
 
5. Best series you started in 2021? Best Sequel? Best Series Ender of 2021?
 
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2021?
     Evan Winter
 
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
     I didn't read any new genres... I'm boring.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
    

 9. Book You Read In 2021 That You Would Be MOST Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
     Unsure. I have a lot of backlist books to read, but there's a couple of Contemporary Romance books that are quick reads that I re-read alot that I don't count when I count re-reads since I can read them in like.. an hour. But there are a couple of books that I DNF'd that I might give another chance to.
 
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2021?
One of the books that I DNF'd that I might try again.
 
11. Most memorable character of 2021?
     Vin, Mistborn Saga
 
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2021?
     This was hard to choose.
She Who Became the Sun by Shelley Parker-Chan
 
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2021?
 
It was also really spooky
 
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2021 to finally read?
 

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2021?
     "The powerful had to be shown that people can only be pushed so close to the flame before they catch fire and burn everything down."
- The Fires of Vengence by Evan Winter

    
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2021?
 
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
There was a pretty unexpected cliffhanger, that I am so excited to see where it takes things.    
 
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
     Honestly, tie between Hak and Yona (Yona of the Dawn)
and Zen and Shirayuki (Snow White with the Red Hair)
Hak is so desperately in love with Yona but they've known each other their whole lives and he's too nervous to tell her. A friends to (hopefully) lovers.
Zen and Sheriayuki are both so cute and their romance is just perfect. Built on trust and respect.
 
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
     All the friendships that grew in the Nevermoor series.

 
 
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2021 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
 

 
21. Best Book You Read In 2021 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure/Bookstagram, Etc.:
 
Everybody and their grandma were talking about this book, and I made it to about 20%  before I got bored.
 
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2021?
     Don't have one.
 
23. Best 2021 debut you read?
     The Wolf and the Woodsman by Ava Reid
 
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
     Odin's Child (The Raven Rings #1) by Siri Pettersen
 
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
     Yona of the Dawn 
 
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2021?
 

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
    The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
 
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2021?
     Odin's Child and The Rot by Siri Pettersen
 
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
     Tryst Six Venom... just read my review.

 
 

1. New favorite book blog/Bookstagram/Youtube channel you discovered in 2021?
     Books with Brittany, over on YouTube
 
2. Favorite post you wrote in 2021?
     I over all think my reviews have gotten better this year. 
 
3. Favorite bookish related photo you took in 2021?
     I didn't take many this year. 
 
4. Best bookish event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events,  etc.)?
 N/A
 
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2021?
     When the publicist for the author of The Wolf and the Woodsman, asked me if I'd like a finished copy, as a thank you for my review.
 
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
     Maintaining the standard I set for myself.
 
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
     Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books of the Second Half of 2021
55 views
 
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
     I'd still prefer my reviews to get more views. I put more work into those than I do the other posts on my blog, and those always have the least amount of views.
 
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
     Story Graph! I've been using it a bit more than Goodreads this year. There are some things that I still like and use on Goodreads, but I've been tracking my books more with Story Graph, give me a follow if you use the site!
 
10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of the year?
     Yes, one of my goals was to read more quality over quantity. I read more books this year, technically. More of them were shorter, but I DNFed fewer books this past year.

 
 

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2020 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2022?
     The long list of backlist books on my shelf, have been looming over me for years... I really need to just read them. 
 
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2022 (non-debut)?

 
 
3. 2022 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
    I have been real garbage at keeping track of debuts coming out.
 
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2022?
 
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2022?
    It would be nice to gain some new followers. 
 
6. A 2022 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone (if applicable):
     N/A I'm a little behind on reading the eARC's I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment