Translate

Friday, November 18, 2022

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Death by Dumpling (A Noodle Shop Mystery #1) by Vivien Chien

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.



We were out of town last weekend, so no post. This week I'm back on reading track, I was also in a bit of a small reading slump. But I'm back to reading, finally.


Synopsis:
 Welcome to the Ho-Lee Noodle House, where the Chinese food is to die for. . .
   The last place Lana Lee thought she would ever end up is back at her family's restaurant. But after a brutal break-up and a dramatic workplace walk-out, she figures that helping wait tables is her best option for putting her life back together. Even if that means having to put up with her mother, who is dead-set on finding her a husband.
   Lana's love life soon becomes yesterday's news once the restaurant's property manager, Mr. Feng, turns up dead--after a delivery of shrimp dumplings from Ho-Lee. But how could this have happened when everyone on staff knew about Mr. Feng's severe, life-threatening shellfish allergy? Now, with the whole restaurant under suspicion for murder and the local media in a feeding frenzy--to say nothing of the gorgeous police detective who keeps turning up for take-out--it's up to Lana to find out who is behind Feng's killer order. . . before her own number is up.

**********


Book Beginning:
You know in the movies where someone says "You can't fire me, I quit!"... maybe don't do that in real life. Unless you don't mind working as a server in your parents' Chinese restaurant for the rest of your life.

Friday 56:
I didn't do it often, but I couldn't help but agree with my sister.






**********************

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link
What To Do
1. Post an answer for the prompt.
2. Enter your Name/Nickname @ Blog Name and the direct URL to your post answering this week’s question linky list widget.
3. Please visit other blogs on the list and leave a comment on their BBH post

Q: Do you prefer to write short or long reviews?

A: I don't really have a preference. Well, if I don't have a lot to say about a book I won't post the review to my blog, I'll just put it on StoryGraph. So I guess in a way I do have a preference.
 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun read!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fun cozy mystery. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun - I like the opener because I HAVE done that in real life! LOL Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from BBH - my first time and it's fun to find everyone & read their opinions about long or short. I discovered most everyone wrote a sentence or two to answer the question. I wrote a couple paragraphs, so I guess that answers the question - I tend toward Long. ha. The book looks like a fun one and I'll try joining in on the Beginning & 56 next week now that I found them. :)
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/book-blogger-hop-1

    ReplyDelete