Translate

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Had An Epilogue

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 
This one was tough, I had to remember what books I've read that don't have an epilogue. This was a hard list to make, there are a lot of books that have a satisfying ending that I still want more time with the characters. I also added in a lot of books that had open endings.
*******************
 
The Might by Siri Pettersen - The book ends in a way that is a bit open ended. It's a happy ending, a "on a new adventure" kind of deal. I just would like to know how Hirka and Rime are doing, and were they ended up.

A ​Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa Tahir  - I believe this does have an epilogue, I just want a little more of one. After everything they went through, I just want to see them happy a little longer.

The Queen of Wind and Sunlight by Morgan Cole - It kind of just ends. The whole plot is about this retired solider bringing a lost princess back to her Queendom, and it ends right as they arive. There's some other character related stuff that edges on spoilers, but I just need to know how things ended up. As far as I know this is a standalone, so there is no follow up to explore that.

Vow of Deception by C.J. Archer - The main characters Charlie (Charlotte) and Lincoln, the end of this book was honestly a little unsatisfying. This whole final book for them was underwhelming and rushed. so an epilogue of them at the end of this book would have been better than what we got. There is another book in this series, but it doesn't focus on the characters that were focused on in the rest of the series. I would have preferred that they had their own series or something since half the characters weren't even part of this series until it was nearly over. (It's also a lot shorter than the rest of the books in this series)

Legend of the Lakes by Clara O'Connor - Another one that kind of just ends, there is an open-endedness to it, that I would have liked more information or a follow up with many of these characters since they left off in a place that had a lot of uncertainty. Things left off a little bittersweet, and I want to know if they are happy.

The Nature of Witches by Rachel Griffin - With it being a standalone, I just want all the information they can give. This book ends in a way that more story wouldn't add anything, but I just would like a little more.

The Wolf and the Woodsman by Ava Reid - I'd like it to take place a few years into the future. It's tricky with standalone to ask for more, but here I am again... asking for more.

Immortal Reign by Morgan Rhodes - It just didn't really feel like the end of their story. I want to know how two characters in particular are doing in say, 5 years after the end of the series.

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury - It's been a while since I've read this book, but I do remember wanting to read more involving the characters. Technically a standalone, there is a prequel that I have not read.

I'm Not Dying with You Tonight by Kimberly Jones & Gilly Segal - This one also kind of just ends. And I want to know if these two girls remained friends after the ordeal they went through. There are a lot of other loose ends that are left open.
 

2 comments:

  1. Open-ended books often make me wish they had epilogues! :)

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-should-have-been-epilogues/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Open ended books are the one time where I actually do wish there was an epilogue because I NEED CLOSURE. Generally though, if the story has tied up in a satisfying way, I don't feel the need for an epilogue.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/06/14/top-ten-tuesday-372/

    ReplyDelete