Translate

Monday, June 13, 2022

Review: The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson

Title:
The Bands of Mourning
Author: Brandon Sanderson
Series: Mistborn #6, Wax & Wayne #3
Genre: Fantasy/Steampunk/Sci-fi
Publisher: Tor
Publication Date: January 26th, 2016
Edition: Kindle Edition, 448 pages
Source: Library
Purchase: Amazon US | Barnes & Noble | BAM | Book Depository | Bookshop | Powell's | Thriftbooks
 
 
 
 
 
Synopsis:
The Bands of Mourning are the mythical metal minds owned by the Lord Ruler, said to grant anyone who wears them the powers that the Lord Ruler had at his command. Hardly anyone thinks they really exist. A kandra researcher has returned to Elendel with images that seem to depict the Bands, as well as writings in a language that no one can read. Waxillium Ladrian is recruited to travel south to the city of New Seran to investigate. Along the way he discovers hints that point to the true goals of his uncle Edwarn and the shadowy organization known as The Set. 
 
**********
 
 
  
   This might be my favorite Mistborn book yet. Bold statement, I know. It's the first book in this second era that finally feels like it's part of the same world as the first era. It's at the very least my second favorite, because Hero of Ages is hard to beat.
 
   There isn't a whole lot I can say about this book that aren't spoilers. There are a lot of new revelations and some new characters, and new areas. I really liked seeing more of this new world that was created by Harmony at the end of the first era. I prefer when a larger world is at play in a story over a confined area, unless there is a "good" reason for a small area to be the only focus for the story.
 
   There were some new characters introduced that I am interested and excited to know how they will come into play as the story progresses. It really opens up a lot of new questions and expands the world even more. There were also at least one character mentioned that I know from just hearing other people talk bout the Cosmere who might push me to finally read outside the Mistborn series.
 
    I'm trying really hard to write a review for this that won't give anything away. I am just really looking forward to the fourth book now, the epilogue was such a good cliffhanger. 
But now I can read The Secret History.

No comments:

Post a Comment