Translate

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Donut Fall in Love by Jackie Lau

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


 
 
Synopsis:
A baker provides the sweetest escape for an actor in this charming romantic comedy.
   Actor Ryan Kwok is back in Toronto after the promotional tour for his latest film, a rom-com that is getting less-than-stellar reviews. After the sudden death of his mother and years of constant work, Ryan is taking some much-needed time off. But as he tries to be supportive to his family, he struggles with his loss and doesn't know how to talk to his dad—who now trolls him on Twitter instead of meeting him for dim sum.
   Innovative baker Lindsay McLeod meets Ryan when he knocks over two dozen specialty donuts at her bakery. Their relationship is off to a messy start, but there’s no denying their immediate attraction. When Ryan signs up for a celebrity episode of Baking Fail, he asks Lindsay to teach him how to bake and she agrees.
   As Lindsay and Ryan spend time together, bonding over grief and bubble tea, it starts to feel like they’re cooking up something sweeter than cupcakes in the kitchen.

 *************************************
 
 

Book Beginning:
When Ryan Kwok woke up on Tuesday morning, he discovered his abs had become a social media sensation


Friday 56:
 She rolled her eyes and liked like she was suppressing a chuckle.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 *********************************
 
 
 
Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link
What To Do
1. Post an answer for the prompt.
2. Enter your Name/Nickname @ Blog Name and the direct URL to your post answering this week’s question linky list widget.
3. Please visit other blogs on the list and leave a comment on their BBH post
 
 
Q: What is your favorite movie adapted from a book?
 
A: I mean, there really is only one answer for me. The Lord of the Rings trilogy. 
I have not finished reading the trilogy, I have tried several times, and the furthest I've ever made it was the Council of Elrond. I think it's one of those books/series that I will have to read via audio book.
 
 


 

7 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun book. As a coincidence, Bubble Tea plays a part in my book this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donuts are a great way for a love affair to begin! I also have The Lord of the Rings on my list! It's such a complex trilogy of books with so much history and background and somehow the films really got that across somehow! Andy Serkis does a great job narrating the books, but I prefer Rob Inglis' version! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of that book.

    I love the Lord of the Rings films, but haven't actually read the books. I have only read The Hobbit...

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/01/friday-56-reckless-girls-by-rachel-hawkins/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donut Fall in Love sounds like a delightful read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL You had me at donut. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just been thinking it's time for another rewatch of LOTR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen the Lord of the Rings trilogy but I wouldn't say they are my favorite, it certainly seemed faster than the books and all the beloved characters have more screen time, I think. I had recently finished reading the books (it's not a trilogy as everyone thinks, it's one book, just divided in three) and it was pretty slow going but I think it's worth reading.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete