Translate

Monday, March 14, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Spring 2022 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 
 
 
There are a few that I have to read, and some that I just hope to get to. 
These past couple of months have been kind of a mess for me. I don't know where the time went. I'm a little behind on my NetGalley reads. I keep saying that I need to take a break from requesting books but this time I really need to force myself to take one.

************************* 
 
NetGalley
 
The Might by Siri Pettersen - Book three, in the Raven Rings trilogy. I've had an eARC for this since December. I just kept getting sidetracked with other books. But I need to read it, I want to read it. I want to know how this adventure ends, I need to know what happens to Hirka and Rime. 

The Art of Prophecy by Wesley Chu - This one I've only had for about a week, but I don't want to have it in my NetGalley shelf for months like I have the first book I mentioned. The synopsis sounds really interesting and I hope I like it.

Savage City by L. Penelope - This one I only very recently got. She's an auto-read author for me, so when I saw that her new book in her new series was available for request, I couldn't resist.

*****

Owned Books


The Ninth Rain by Jen Williams - This is the first book in a trilogy, and I never do this, but I bought all three and I have never read anything by this author before, I've never read this book. But the person that I heard about it from shares almost exactly the same reading tastes as I do, so on her glowing praise of this series I bought it. (Elliot Brooks - the glowing review)

Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo - I haven't heard anyone talk about this book, there was a lacking in positive reviews, which kind of worries me... but I liked the first book more than the average reader of this series. So I still have hope, I also already bought it before the lackluster reviews started to come in.

A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer - Another one where the lackluster reviews have made me a little reluctant to read it. But I own a physical copy, so I should read it before deciding to get the third.

Seven Endless Forests by April Genevieve Tucholke - Lady of the Lake retelling. Sign me up. I loved The Boneless Mercies, and this isn't exactly a sequel, but it does take place in the same world. And I think a character, or reletive of a character of the other book is the MC in this book.

Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto - This is one that I've heard so much about that sounds amazing. I hope to get to it this year.

The Mask Falling by Samantha Shannon - Highly anticipated book, I'm currently reading the novella that takes place between this book and the previous book. Mostly to refresh my brain for what happened because it's been so long since I've read a book in this series. I lied to myself saying that I might start the series over and re-read books 1-3 before reading this one, but that's not likely to happen.

Never Die by Rob J. Hayes - I kind of already started this book, I read the first chapter, but I want to read the rest of the book. The premise sounds so good.

8 comments:

  1. I loved Rule of Wolves, more than I did the original Grisha trilogy. I wasn't really aware people didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! AHSFAB has been on my TBR for what feels like ages and I don't know why I haven't picked it up yet 😂 I hope you get around to reading these and that you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been putting off Rule of Wolves because I've not been in the mood for big books recently but maybe I will get to it sometime this year. I started The Mask Falling last year but never actually finished it, I really need to at some point this year.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/03/15/top-ten-tuesday-359/

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Heart So Fierce And Broken is my favourite of the trilogy, it was the third book that I found to be truly disappointing. Oh and the series is continuing very soon, they're just switching the main character. ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ninth Rain sounds interesting! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have cut WAY back on Net Galley reads and have almost completely caught up from being behind most of last year. My reading rating is like 91% and I hope to keep it high for a while so I can read my own books ;) I hope you enjoy these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NetGalley makes it so easy to get behind on your reads. With so many books being listed every day, it's hard not to want to request them all. I've try to limit myself to checking once a week, and only for months that I don't have a lot going on already.

    I hope that you enjoy reading these when you get the opportunity!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/spring-2022-tbr-10-books-i-hope-to-read/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to read more Wesley Chu one of these days.

    ReplyDelete