Translate

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || The Dawn Chorus (The Bone Season #3.5) by Samantha Shannon

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

I'm almost done with this book, It shouldn't be taking me this long to read a book this short. But here I am, in one of the worst reading slumps I've had in a while.

  Synopsis:
   Paige Mahoney and Arcturus Mesarthim have arrived in the Scion Citadel of Paris. Exhausted by her efforts against Scion, Paige has no choice but to remain in hiding, away from the revolution she started, so she can heal and come to terms with her mental and physical scars.
   In the confines of a safe house, Arcturus and Paige begin to reconnect after following separate paths for weeks. As they wait for contact from the mysterious Domino Programme – an espionage network operating in Scion – they remember their complicated past, and what brought them together.

An ebook exclusive which bridges the story between the previous and forthcoming instalments of Samantha Shannon's international phenomenon series The Bone Season.


******


Book Beginning:
There is a narrow street in Paris named Rue Gît-le-Cœur. In early 2060, it was home to a tiny bookshop, a flophouse even the rats avoided, and not a great lot else.

Friday 56:
It was a long time before I could move. I was shaking too hard.






 
 
**************

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: Do you think listening to an audiobook instead of reading the print version makes it more difficult to write a review?


A: I wouldn't know. I don't listen to audiobooks. I often listen to music while doing daily tasks, and I worry that I would end up tuning the narrator out while I did those daily tasks that I usually do with music. I would have to be doing nothing, which in a lot of cases defeats the purpose of audiobooks.

4 comments:

  1. The quotes are interesting. I've only read The Bone Season so far,but I've heard a lot of good things about the other books in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both interesting quotes. I hope you shake your reading slump soon. They are no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to read this series! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to catch up on this series.

    ReplyDelete