Translate

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || A ​Sky Beyond the Storm (An Ember in the Ashes #4) by Sabaa Tahir

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

 
Last week was a mess for me. I barely got any reading done let alone had time for posting. This week has been better, hopefully it will continue to get better.
I decided to finish this series up through my library. I still want to complete my collection. Hopefully soon. I just got a bunch of new books, so I'll have to wait for my birthday or something to buy these.


Synopsis:
Picking up just a few months after A Reaper at the Gates left off...
   The long-imprisoned jinn are on the attack, wreaking bloody havoc in villages and cities alike. But for the Nightbringer, vengeance on his human foes is just the beginning.
   At his side, Commandant Keris Veturia declares herself Empress, and calls for the heads of any and all who defy her rule. At the top of the list? The Blood Shrike and her remaining family.
   Laia of Serra, now allied with the Blood Shrike, struggles to recover from the loss of the two people most important to her. Determined to stop the approaching apocalypse, she throws herself into the destruction of the Nightbringer. In the process, she awakens an ancient power that could lead her to victory--or to an unimaginable doom.
   And deep in the Waiting Place, the Soul Catcher seeks only to forget the life--and love--he left behind. Yet doing so means ignoring the trail of murder left by the Nightbringer and his jinn. To uphold his oath and protect the human world from the supernatural, the Soul Catcher must look beyond the borders of his own land. He must take on a mission that could save--or destroy--all that he knows.



********



Book Beginning:
   I awoke in the glow of a young world, when man knew of hunting but not of tilling, of stone but not steel.

Friday 56:
   Mauth, I cry out. Help me.
But he does not respond.








********
 
Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link
 
Q: Do you have a bookish pet peeve? If so, what is it?
 
A: I have a few. But one that really bothers me is when people damage books that aren't theirs. Do whatever you want to your own books, but if its being borrowed, from a library or a friend, it should be taken care of.
(That's one reason why I don't loan books out, I don't trust anyone.)

 
********
Since I didnt post last week, I'm doing it now.
 
Favorite and Let-Down Reads of February.
 
Favorite
★★★★★
 
Meh
★★☆☆☆

5 comments:

  1. The 56 sounds a little depressing. And definitely foreboding as well. Hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Ember In The Ashes but haven't read it yet! I concur with your BBH! Glad you're doing better this week! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better. Maybe you need more cheerful books to help too ;-)
    Mine is in French this time. With free copies available, and credits to earn an egift card:
    https://francebooktours.com/2022/02/22/le-promeneur-sur-le-cap-first-chapter-first-paragraph-book-beginnings/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try Aeston's book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete