Translate

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed, but Have Never Reviewed On My Blog

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 
I am doing the topic from 2-weeks ago, because I didn't post anything that week and I can't think of any books that I want to share for this week's topic. I often mention books on my blog that I haven't reviewed here. There's a lot of varying reasons why I don't review a book here. I'll cover that for each book and the reason(s).
 
This list is in no particular order. I also started making this list at 11:00am, because it's Spring Break and I forgot to do this last night. With my son home and not having to get up early to get him ready for school, it throws off my daily schedule a little.
 
*********************
 
 
All The Ugly Things (Love & Lies Duet #1 & 2) by Stacey Lynn - Honestly, I have no idea why I didn't review this duology here. I don't often share the romance books I read here, and there's really no reason not to. [Review book 1, book 2]
 
Garlic and the Vampire by Bree Paulsen - I didn't share this one because it was really short and I read it so fast that I didn't think about writing a review for it. But this is possibly the cutest middle-grade graphic novel I have ever read. Little Garlic is so cute, and I would totally read more stories about the adventures any of these characters have. [Review]
 
How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories (The Folk of the Air #3.5) by Holly Black - Another case of this book being really short and just not having enough to say about it for a dedicated review for it. [Review]
 
Snow White with the Red Hair, Vol. 1 - 17 by Sorata Akiduki - With this, it's because there are several volumes, and writing a review for each volume is odd because there's arcs, but I guess I could and should have written reviews for each arc, I just didn't think about doing that. (Storygraph doesn't have all the volumes in their system. I hope they do soon It's a new platform for book tracking, only about a year or so old.)
 
Yona of the Dawn, Vol. 1 - 23 by Mizuho Kusanagi - Same as Snow White, and this one has more distinct arcs than Snow White does. I also devoured this series for most of last year and part of this year, so I just didn't take time to sort it out to write reviews for each arc. I want to own this series, and I would totally re-read it because Yona is amazing. The plot, the characters, and Yona's character growth are amazing. I think this series gets a little written off because the covers don't really do a great job of showing the "vibe" of the series. This series is just amazing and I want everybody who likes fantasy to read it. You will not be disappointed.
 
Saga, Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan (Writer)& Fiona Staples (Illustrator) - I only have the first volume for this, it was on sale, and I wanted to read it before committing to getting the big hard cover volumes. [Review]

Legend: The Graphic Novel 1-3 by Marie Lu, Leigh Dragoon, & Kaari (Illustrator) - With these, it's because I have reviews for the original series and the graphic novels don't really add anything, if anything some stuff is glossed over because inner monologue isn't really covered much in graphic novels. I didn't really even write a review for these at all.

The Year We Fell Down (The Ivy Years #1) by Sarina Bowen - I read this book in a day, and I just didn't think about putting it on my blog. I had no narrow this list down. There are a lot of Contemporary Romance books in particular that I have read and enjoyed that I don't share to my blog. I should start doing at least mini-reviews for (some) of these books. [Review]

No comments:

Post a Comment