Translate

Monday, November 1, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Hope to Get to by the End of the Year

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
   This week is supposed to be "Books I Would Hand to Someone Who Claims to Not Like Reading", but the problem with that is, that list would vary depending on the person. I'd have to know what kinds of stories they like, I'd have to ask them what movies they like, what games they like to play. And there aren't books that would cover that for everybody who doesn't like reading. 
   So I'm going to share some of the books I hope to get read by the end of the year. A tentative TBR for the final two months of the year. This list is going to focus only on books that I own because any ones I have on hold or put on hold at the library have no guarantee that I can get to them before the end of the year.

*****
Currently Reading

Clash of Kings by George RR. Martin - Library borrow. I have a time limit for this. There was no wait time for it, so if I don't finish it in the 21 days that I have it for I can likely reborrow it instantly.

House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas - I've had this one for a while. Not the longest of my unread-owned books, but long enough that I should have read it by now. 

Owned and Unread (Physical)

The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey - This one I've had for much longer, but still haven't read. This is book 2 in the Girl at Midnight trilogy. The first time I read book one was around the time it came out from NetGalley. I have all three books, but I'd be happy if I got to this one. I feel like I've had this book on a TBR in the past. 

A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer - This one has me a bit nervous. I've heard so many mixed things. And some negative feedback from people who have similar reading tastes to me. But I own an Ebook and a physical copy, and an ebook for the third book. But I only have plans to at least read this by the end of the year.

Crown of Feathers by Nicki Pau Preto - This is a newly acquired book, but I love the idea of Pheonix riders. I've heard a lot of amazing things about this book/series. 

Blood's Pride by Evie Manieri - Ironically, this is my greatest book-shame. An accidental purchase (mistook the book for a different one I wanted to read) from about 4 years ago. Shame indeed. I have all three in this trilogy. I got books 1 & 2 at the same time, and after realizing that it wasn't the book I wanted instead of donating them, or returning them, I decided to wait for the third book to be on sale and just read all three to see if I like them. I sure hope I do.

Owned and Unread (eBooks)

The Sword of Kaigen by M.L. Wang - The book that everybody has been talking about for months. The ebook was on sale and I got it. Now, I need to read it.

Grave Expectations by C.J. Archer - I have an eBook "bind-up" of the whole series (there are 10 books). I've been making my way through this series, they're very enjoyable books, but I'm in no rush. Easy enough reads, not complex storylines that make waiting between books hard to remember plotlines. 

Skin Curse by Kristin Jacques - I read book one in 2019, and really enjoyed it. This world is weird and unique. I only hope book 2 has the same level of weirdness. I do enjoy a good weird book from time to time.

The Mask Falling by Samantha Shannon - The long-awaited book four in the Bone Season series. I wish I had a physical copy, but this will do for now. It was on sale, so I grabbed it while I could so I wouldn't have to wait too-too long to read it. I only hope that I don't have to read that novella before reading this.

7 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy these reads when you are able to read them.

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/bookish-gift-guide-big-spender-edition/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost went with this topic today! I also have The Sword of Kaigen, AHSFAB and HoEaB on my 'want to read this year' list but let's see how that goes! 😂 I'm also quite nervous about AHSFAB cos a lot of people who loved ACSDAL (that I know of) didn't love it :( I hope we both enjoy it though—happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always admire people who know what they are going to read for months in advance. I’m such an emotional reader…I need to be in the right mood for the right book, and I rarely know what I’m going to read next week!


    My post—https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/11/02/ttt-books-to-recommend-to-non-readers/

    Happy TTT!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I changed the topic this week as well. I agree you have to know quite a bit about someone to recommend books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Clash of Kings- that book's a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy all these! I still need to finish The Mask Falling, I got most of the way through my Netgalley copy before it expired, but not quite, and I haven't yet picked up my hardback to finish it.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/11/02/top-ten-tuesday-340/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to read that Maas book as well - one of these days. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete