Translate

Monday, October 25, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Halloween Freebie || Horror Comedies

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 
I don't like horror movies, they don't scare me... I get bored. But I love Horror Comedies, especially if they lean more toward comedy than horror. Thrillers scare me though, they are a branch of horror, but movies like Final Destination and Saw bore me. 
This is a fairly short list, I don't watch a lot of horror. As I said, I get bored. 
πŸ‘»πŸ¦‡πŸŽƒπŸ¦‡πŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ¦‡πŸŽƒπŸ‘»



Classic, I love this movie. (Although, Hot Fuzz is my favorite from this trilogy. This one is still great.)














πŸ‘»πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ‘»



This is one of my favorite Mel Brooks movies. The dry humor always makes me laugh.














πŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸ‘»



Probably the only Zombie movie that I like. I haven't seen the sequel, but I kind of feel that this movie is fine as a standalone movie. So I don't think I'm missing out on anything by not seeing it (yet).












πŸ‘»πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ‘»




What I love about this movie is how it kind of turns the trope on its head, or maybe its side. I haven't seen it in a while, but it's very memorable.













πŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸŽƒπŸ‘»




This is a web series on YouTube. A Murder Mystery Dinner Party with authors like Emily Dickinson, HG Wells, Hemmingway, George Elliot, and many others. It's great. Highly recommend, watching it.(Link)














πŸ‘»πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ¦‡πŸ‘»



Another web series, I just started this one a couple of days ago. Sean Astin is in it. 















11 comments:

  1. I used to watch Young Frankenstein yearly. It is so funny. My Halloween freebie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love comedy mixed with horror. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Young Frankenstein is such a classic, so many great actors were in it.
    Zombieland is also a favorite of ours

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one I've seen is Shaun of the Dead but Zombieland looks fun! Is Cabin in the Woods based on a book? It's a familiar title but I guess ithere are a few things with the same name! πŸ˜…

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched Young Frankenstein in my dorm room on one of the first dates with my college boyfriend. Good memories.

    My list— https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/10/26/ttt-book-covers-that-were-scarier-than-the-book/
    Happy TTT!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of horror, but horror comedy I can enjoy on occasion. I did love Zombieland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to watch Wayward Guide and Dinner Party - those look like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first time I watched Young Frankenstein was only a few years ago. Such fun!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/12-books-with-orange-covers-pick-a-color/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm also not scared by horror movies. Usually I'm just bored, confused, or grossed out. I did love Cabin In The Woods, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zombieland is great. I haven't seen the sequel either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Young Frankenstein is hilarious! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete