Translate

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Tag: Halloween Tag

 


I don't remember where I saw/found this tag. I usually save that information when I save the prompts for a tag that I plan on doing at a later date but I seem to forget to do that for this one. Anyway, I kind of felt like doing a post every day this week leading up to Halloween, so here's a tag. If you know where this tag originated, let me know in the comments, and if you feel like doing this tag go for it. 

👻🦇🎃

1. Favorite horror book?
    I haven't read many horror books, but the only one that I can think of that I love and I'm not even sure if it's actually a "horror" book is Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice.

2. Scariest moment in a book you've read?
    It was probably the waffle house scene in Ring Shout. It was more unsettling than scary, but ick. Just the imagery made me have to put the book down for the rest of the day.

3. Would you or have you ever dressed up as a book character for Halloween?
    Probably. I'd have to think about who I could dress as. I read mostly fantasy, and making armor would be hard to do.

4. What do you think your favorite character would dress up as for Halloween?
    The only character of my favorites that I even have a remote idea of who they'd dress as is Simon Lewis, and he'd probably dress as Luke Skywalker or something.

5. What is your favorite kind of horror? (gore, psychological thriller, spooky)
    Thrillers and Spooky. Gore is just gross, and I think psychological would scare me too much. 

6. If books were as cheap as candy, which ones would you give out to trick-or-treaters?
    Well, since it's kids probably copies of Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend, or this adorable Middle-Grade graphic novel I recently read called Garlic & the Vampire by Bree Paulsen

7. Halloween to-read list?
    There's a laundry list of books that I could read for Halloween but as a mood reader, But I hope to finish the book I am currently reading through my library, The Shadow of the Gods by  John Gwynne (I'm feeling kind of iffy on it right now, but I want to love it, or at least enjoy it.)

8. Recommend some Halloween reads!
    Books that I think could be good for Halloween... hmm...

Odin's Child by Siri Pettersen -  There are some definite horrific elements to this book
The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke - Mostly because of the cover. It's kind of spooky
The Nature of Witches by Rachel Griffin - This book takes place mostly during the fall season, and its about witches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment