Translate

Friday, October 8, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || The Hero of Ages (The Mistborn Saga #3) by Brandon Sanderson

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


I meant to start that Wayward Children book, but this hold came in from my library. I "own" most of the Wayward Children books (Tor has their monthly free ebook thing and the first 5 Wayward children books were free leading up to the 6th one coming out, so I got them then). So when this hold came in the short story took a back seat so I could get to this, I've been waiting 12 weeks for this book, I didn't want to wait any longer. 

Synopsis:
Who is the Hero of Ages?
   To end the Final Empire and restore freedom, Vin killed the Lord Ruler. But as a result, the Deepness--the lethal form of the ubiquitous mists--is back, along with increasingly heavy ashfalls and ever more powerful earthquakes. Humanity appears to be doomed.
   Having escaped death at the climax of The Well of Ascension only by becoming a Mistborn himself, Emperor Elend Venture hopes to find clues left behind by the Lord Ruler that will allow him to save the world. Vin is consumed with guilt at having been tricked into releasing the mystic force known as Ruin from the Well. Ruin wants to end the world, and its near omniscience and ability to warp reality make stopping it seem impossible. She can't even discuss it with Elend lest Ruin learn their plans!





Book Beginning: 
PROLOGUE
Marsh struggled to kill himself. His hand trembled as he tried to summon the strength to make himself reach up and pull the spike free from his back and end his monstrous life.

Friday 56: 
"The Lord Ruler thought it could be beaten. The Deepness, the thing that we released. The Lord Ruler thought he could eventually win."










****************
Book Blogger Hop
Click here to add your link


Q: What spooky creature and/or setting do you never get tired of reading about?

A: I'm not sure. My favorite monsters are never really written to be monstrous. I want an actual horror story about Mermaids.

4 comments:

  1. I've only read Mistborn, but I have heard a lot of good things about the rest of the books. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read Brandon Sanderson but I recently checked out two of his books for my son to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read the first book so far - I need to get caught up.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what made him so monstrous?! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete