Translate

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Quotes From My Favorite Books

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
I had to think about what to do for this list, in part because my tired brain misread the prompt. 
This list is in no particular order, just as I thought of which books to use. Some are thought-provoking, some are great character moments or a turning point in the story.


   “Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsters?”

   My first thought is to tell him to take his "help" and shove it so far between his ass cheeks he'll waddle down the road—I stopped speaking like a princess the day I began training as a warrior—but I bite my lip.

   There was dishonor, she decided, in accepting someone else’s idea of honor without question.

   You cannot harden your heart to the future just because of your past. You cannot use cruelty against yourself to justify cruelty to others.

   Magnus had come to a horrible realization. One that he knew would cause him nothing but pain and suffering from that day forward.
But there was no changing the truth of it.
He had fallen in love with her.

   Once upon a time, in the final days before the Salt and Marsh Witch War, four Boneless Mercies turned their backs on the death trade, and went west, seeking immortality

   She was tired of everyone deciding her life for her. She was ready to figure out who she really was--not what anyone else told her to be.

   I might not be a threat, but I could become one.

   Because I don’t know whether honesty is better than happiness. Do we sacrifice honesty in order to be happy?

   There are two kinds of guilt: the kind that drowns you until you’re useless, and the kind that fires your soul to purpose.

3 comments:

  1. I loved your first quote especially! War and monsters do make each other, I think. It's hard to say which one is more influential on the other.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-lgbt-book-quotes/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these books, but the quotes are all good! I like the one from Scarlet especially. (Also, you're not the only one who misread the prompt. I did, too.)

    My TTT: https://bookwyrmknits.com/2021/05/25/top-ten-tuesday-non-eurocentric-sff/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first quote is something to think about... Good question.
    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday list this week.

    ReplyDelete