Translate

Friday, May 28, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Skyhunter (Skyhunter #1) by Marie Lu

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

I am super behind on my reading. I was doing good there for a while but then life stuff happened, and then I got my second covid shot this week and felt like death for a couple of days. I also keep getting my library holds and I'm still reading other books and don't have time to read those so I had to put them back on hold. It's just been a mess, I had to put four books back on hold this past week because of the other books I need to read first. I hope to get to this book soon, Marie Lu is one of my favorite authors. 

Synopsis:
   In a world broken by war, a team of young warriors is willing to sacrifice everything to save what they love.
   The Karensa Federation has conquered a dozen countries, leaving Mara as one of the last free nations in the world. Refugees flee to its borders to escape a fate worse than death—transformation into mutant war beasts known as Ghosts, creatures the Federation then sends to attack Mara.
   The legendary Strikers, Mara's elite fighting force, are trained to stop them. But as the number of Ghosts grows and Karensa closes in, defeat seems inevitable.
  Still, one Striker refuses to give up hope.
   Robbed of her voice and home, Talin Kanami knows firsthand the brutality of the Federation. Their cruelty forced her and her mother to seek asylum in a country that considers their people repugnant. She finds comfort only with a handful of fellow Strikers who have pledged their lives to one another and who are determined to push Karensa back at all costs.
   When a mysterious prisoner is brought from the front, Talin senses there’s more to him than meets the eye. Is he a spy from the Federation? Or could he be the weapon that will save them all?




Book Beginning:
  Ghosts travel in packs.

Friday 56:
  "And yet things clearly aren't desperate enough, are they?" I'm angry now, and my signs turn cutting. "After all, we still haven't opened up Striker recruitment to the refugees in the Outer City."
*   *   *   *   *




Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: Who is your favorite character...of all the books you've read? Why?

A: Hm, that's hard to answer. I guess I'll just go with the first character I really related to. Adelina, from The Young Elites. There's just a lot about that character I could relate to.
 


5 comments:

  1. I am sorry the second COVID shot took so much out of you. Hopefully you are feeling better now. I am so excited about Skyhunter and am glad you are featuring it today. I can't wait to read it and hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend! I hope you are able to rest and get in some reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your feeling better! I haven't read The Young Elites, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful cover! I have not heard of this one. Thanks for sharing! I'm definitely intrigued :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that first line!! Happy Memorial day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try this one! Plus, Adelina was one of my favorites from this author.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete