Translate

Monday, April 26, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday: Animals from Books

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 

I had to think about which books had animals in them that are really memorable. If the animal doesn't really play a part in the book, I might not remember it. 


*   *   *   *   *
Kuro, He's a raven. There are a lot of ravens in this book, but he's the only one who has a name.
He acted as somewhat of a guide for Hirka, the MC, for most of the book and I look forward to how his role is going to work out in the rest of the series.


*   *   *   *   *
Nighteyes, a very cool wolf. And the only thing in this book that I liked, even though I didn't finish it.
(You can read my review if you want to know)


*   *   *   *   *
This book has Dragon shifters and their dragon-riding companions. This author has a few series' set at this academy for Dragons and riders to train to use their magic. And she has another series of books about just dragon riders who can commune with dragons. They are good bridge books for YA and Adult fantasy.


*   *   *   *   *
Fenestra (Fen). She is a giant talking cat, the species Magnificat to be exact, who's also the head of housekeeping of the hotel. She is such a cat, and I love her.


*   *   *   *   *
More dragon riders, this book is so good. I still need to read the sequel. This book has a lot of politics that revolve around the dragon-riding.


*   *   *   *   *
I'm kind of running out of books that have animals that I remember, so I'm doing a 3 for 1 with this book.
Buckbeak
Hedwig
Werewolf Lupin
  Edit: forgot about the best Ginger-cat, Crookshanks


*   *   *   *   *
Here we have Appa and Momo. Our favorite sky bison and flying lemur. 

*   *   *   *   *


I'm honestly out of animal companions/shifters. There aren't many that I either remember. But if you count my cheating of using multiples from books, this is ten.

6 comments:

  1. I had issues with the Hobb series too- man she put those characters throuh a wringer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could probably just do My Favorite Dog Books or The Best Stories About Wild Animals. I love animal stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read Nevermoor sometime.

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-rabbits-from-books/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buckbeak! Love Buckbeak :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/04/27/top-ten-tuesday-313/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I love Momo and Appa! Great list!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dragons are great in books, and there are so many good animals in the Harry Potter series! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete