Translate

Sunday, February 14, 2021

ARC Review: Children of Jade by Morgan Cole

Title:
 Children of Jade
Author: Morgan Cole
Series: Chrysathamere Trilogy #3
Genre: Epic Fantasy/War
Publisher: ?
Publication Date: May 21st, 2021
Edition: Mobi ARC
Source: BookSirens Review copy







Synopsis:
    Driven by the fear of losing the woman he loves, Annuweth Sandaros has betrayed his family and united himself to a conspiracy that has plunged the Empire of Navessea into civil war… a war that has cost the life of his sister's beloved father and mentor.
   Determined to bring her brother to justice, Marilia Sandara pursues Annuweth and his allies with the same relentless tenacity that has made her a legend on the battlefield. But as the bodies begin to mount and Navessea begins to crumble, she will be forced to reckon with the price of her vengeance.

   This book was intense, bloody, and in many ways tragic. I could barely put it down. The things these characters go through. The struggles they overcome and sacrifice doing what they think is best, although for me one side was clearly in the wrong over the other. Especially with how they handled civilians. 

   I was never sure how, or if, Annuweth was going to redeem anything he did. After what happened to him in the previous book, he seemed to realize that maybe, just maybe they had made the wrong choice in how they achieved what they have. Especially after things start to fall apart with each day.

   The last quarter of this book, I'm a little on the fence about. There is little I can say that aren't spoilers. The little I can mention is that one character redeemed themselves a little more than others. The last page felt a little like a non-ending. There wasn't enough of a wrap-up for certain characters for me. But I did like the ending, kind of bittersweet in many ways too. 

   This series is for fans of GrimDark Epic Fantasy, so if those are genres you like, I highly recommend this series.

   There is so much I can't say about this book because everything feels like a spoiler. Even more so because this series is kind of underrated and hasn't been read by as many people yet. I'll have to add the buy links and any other missing information once I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment