Translate

Friday, February 12, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || A Heart So Fierce and Broken (Cursebreakers #2) by Brigid Kemmerer

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


 

Synopsis:
Find the heir, win the crown.
   The curse is finally broken, but Prince Rhen of Emberfall faces darker troubles still. Rumors circulate that he is not the true heir and that forbidden magic has been unleashed in Emberfall. Although Rhen has Harper by his side, his guardsman Grey is missing, leaving more questions than answers.
Win the crown, save the kingdom.
   Rumored to be the heir, Grey has been on the run since he destroyed Lilith. He has no desire to challenge Rhen--until Karis Luran once again threatens to take Emberfall by force. Her own daughter Lia Mara sees the flaws in her mother’s violent plan, but can she convince Grey to stand against Rhen, even for the good of Emberfall?
   The heart-pounding, compulsively readable saga continues as loyalties are tested and new love blooms in a kingdom on the brink of war.




Book Beginning:
I miss knowing exactly what time it is.


Friday 56:
She looks at me. "You are so surprised. Did you not think I would fear failing in front of Mother?"









*   *   *   *   *

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link



Q: What book or series can you see getting made into a movie and not being horribly re-written? 

A: Renegades by Marissa Meyer, I think it could translate really well to film/tv

5 comments:

  1. Nice choice! The cover looks great and the story sounds like something I'd enjoy.

    My post:

    https://steppingstonesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2021/02/book-beginnings-on-fridaysfriday-56.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days I will get a chance to read something by Kemmerer. I hear her series is really good. I can relate to the first excerpt having felt that way when I end up somewhere without my phone and no clock in sight. I'm such a big clock watcher most of the time, sadly. LOL

    I haven't read Renegades yet. I do want to though!

    I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are interesting quotes. I've heard of this series, and it seems like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this book. I LOVED the first one. :-) Happy Valentine's weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think anything by Marissa Meyer would translate well to screen. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete