Translate

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Book Beginnings | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Grave Peril (The Dresden Files #3) by Jim Butcher

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

Synopsis:
    Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost Items Found. Paranormal Investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable Rates. No Love Potions, Endless Purses, or Other Entertainment.
    Harry Dresden has faced some pretty terrifying foes during his career. Giant scorpions. Oversexed vampires. Psychotic werewolves. It comes with the territory when you're the only professional wizard in the Chicago-area phone book.
    But in all Harry's years of supernatural sleuthing, he's never faced anything like this: The spirit world has gone postal. All over Chicago, ghosts are causing trouble - and not just of the door-slamming, boo-shouting variety. These ghosts are tormented, violent, and deadly. Someone - or something - is purposely stirring them up to wreak unearthly havoc. But why? And why do so many of the victims have ties to Harry? If Harry doesn't figure it out soon, he could wind up a ghost himself.




Book Beginning:
There are reasons I hate to drive fast. 

Friday 56:
Michael rested his chin in his hands and sighed, "I can't believe we're in jail."
*   *   *   *   *   *


Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link


        Q: What upcoming books are you intrigued to read in 2021? 
  
                A: So many, but I'm still working on my backlog of owned books. I'm on the wait list for a couple that come out late this month/early next month. Hopefully I'm one of the first on the list.

9 comments:

  1. Such a timely Friday choice, since I was just talking to someone about needing to pick up this series and saying I was curious about it. xD I absolutely LOVE both of your snippets, and it makes me all the more sure that I need to pick this series up ASAP! Sounds like it'll be a really fun read.

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Michael rested his chin in his hands and sighed, 'I can't believe we're in jail.'"

    Sounds like this is a very interesting part of the book! I've heard of the Dresden Files before, but I've never started on the series. That may change because the snippets here and the synopsis really got my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great excerpts! Now I definitely want to know more. Here's mine: “THE WIFE UPSTAIRS”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to start this series!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such good thinga bout this series. It goes on endlessly though doesn't it? Enjoy. My Friday post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it's endless, but there are a lot of books and novellas in the series. I only plan on reading the main books in the series though. The ones I can get at the library.

      Delete
  6. I love Harry! He's my literary crush. I am behind on the series, but have loved each one that I have read.

    I hope you have a great weekend and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my all time favorite series! Happy reading. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really have to try to get into the Butcher series.

    ReplyDelete