Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl
I'm not very good at making resolutions, or goals of any kind. The times in the past that I've made them have always not worked out. Things just keep getting in the way or the plans just fall through. But I think I want to make some kind of plan this year. Even if it's just some small plans.
1) Read at least one classic a quarter. I've never really given classics a chance. I don't much care for non-fantasy fiction. But there has to be some kind of classic fantasy out there I can read that isn't Lord of the Rings (I've tried to read that three times, only made it to the Council of Elrond)
2) Write more. I have a project that I've not been working on as much as I'd like or should be. Granted, last year threw a wrench into a lot of my writing plans. But this year I'd like to do better.
3) Read more novellas. I've read a handful of short stories and novellas, and many of them were really good. I'd like to check out more.
4) Give Sci-fi a real chance. Sci-fi books have been more of a miss than a hit, but I think I'm reading what's "popular", and not what actually sounds interesting to me.
5) Try a different genre. Around 90% of what I read is Fantasy, I love the genre, but I want to try a thriller, or a mystery novel.