Translate

Monday, September 28, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes, Opening Lines.

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
I did this topic not that long ago. And I am feeling a little too lazy to do an extremely different topic. So, I'm gonna do openings from my top ten favorite reads of the year (so far).
The list is in the order I read the books. I added the second line to a couple, to add a little context.
----------
    I found these pages scattered, teased across the rocks by a fitful wind. - King of Thorns, Mark Lawrence

    The prison bore a sharp resemblance to the dungeons of Anastacya's childhood: dark, wet, and made of unyielding stone that leaked grime and misery. - Blood Heir by Amélie Wen Zhao

    Kora and Nova had never seen a Mesarthim, but they knew all about them. - Muse of Nightmares, Laini Taylor

    If you asked me to tell you about myself, I'd say that I like to understand things. - Rebel, Marie Lu

    It was her favorite dream. - Immortal Reign, Morgan Rhodes

    "Blessing from the Goddess?" The little girl's voice wobbles with apprehension. - Cry of Metal & Bone, L. Penelope

    "Take your clothes off."  Rin blinked. "What?" - The Poppy War, RF Kuang

    I pleaded for death. - Of the Blood, Cameo Renae

    There is a certain kind of girl the goblins crave. - Lips Touch, Laini Taylor

    He had been hunting for her since the moment she was taken from him. - Kingdom of Ash, Sarah J. Maas

6 comments:

  1. Now I want to know what kind of girl the goblins crave. Ha!

    My post .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read Rebel sometime.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that first one by Mark LAwrence a lot. Makes me think of a windswept landscape and pages fluttering here and there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quote from Lips Touch is packed with so much tension in just a single sentence. Definitely checking this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a collection of interesting quotes!
    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday list this week.

    ReplyDelete