Translate

Friday, July 3, 2020

Book Beginnings | Friday 56 | Friday 50/50 | Blogger Hop || Assassin's Apprentice (The Farseer Trilogy #1) by Robin Hobb || Favorite/Least Favorite Read of June

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Synopsis:
Young Fitz is the bastard son of the noble Prince Chivalry, raised in the shadow of the royal court by his father's gruff stableman. He is treated like an outcast by all the royalty except the devious King Shrewd, who has him sectetly tutored in the arts of the assassin. For in Fitz's blood runs the magic Skill--and the darker knowledge of a child raised with the stable hounds and rejected by his family. As barbarous raiders ravage the coasts, Fitz is growing to manhood. Soon he will face his first dangerous, soul-shattering mission. And though some regard him as a threat to the throne, he may just be the key to the survival of the kingdom.






Book Beginning:
A history of the Six Duchies is of necessity a history of its ruling family, the Farseers.


Friday 56:
"Bored, are we? Restless with an old man's talk?"









*   *   *   *   *
50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

This week's topic is Favorite/Least Favorite Read of June

Favorite
-----------------

Not really
Paul Olchvary (Translation)

*   *   *   *   *

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: When you run out of bookshelf space, what do you do?

A: I consistently un-haul books that I don't plan on ever re-reading. So far I haven't really "run out" of bookshelf space. I only have one large bookshelf right now, and it also has movies on it, so I double-shelf my read books, and I have a small shelf attached to my desk that I keep unread books on.

4 comments:

  1. Off to check this one out on GR! :-) Happy Independence day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Assassin's Apprentice? I can't seem to see the cover picture even with refreshing. Darn computers. I haven't tried Hobb before. My husband read the first book in the series and didn't care for it, which put me off. That's silly though because there's plenty I like that he hasn't. One of these days . . . :-) I hope you are enjoying it!

    I am glad to see you liked the second in the Poppy Wars series. I want to give the series a try.

    I really need to go through my books and clear out the ones I have no interest in any more. I have more books than I have shelf space for again. It isn't as bad as it once was though. Before we moved nine years ago, the spare bedroom was nearly floor to ceiling books--a hoarder's dream. I ended up donating a good portion of my book collection before the move. I never want to get to that point again. I don't collect physical books the way I once did. Now I hide most of them on my e-reader. Haha

    Have a great weekend. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the recent update to Blogger, and how I add covers (with image URL from Goodreads) the covers disappear for some reason, and I have to go back in and re-add it.

      It's kind of annoying because I don't know how to fix it.

      Delete
    2. The update is frustrating me too. I am really not happy with it. I hope they figure out a more user friendly fix. And soon!

      Delete