Translate

Monday, June 15, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Books on My Summer 2020 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


I hope I can get to these this summer. I've had a fairly good reading year so far. It helps that I've had almost nothing else to do, even with the (kind of ) homeschooling my son, his school had a really good system of at-home assignments for him to do on the computer. Reading as been good, blogging not so much since he was using my computer.

Currently Reading

Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas -  Honestly, I'm really nervous about this book. In the back of my head, I know that things will more or less work out for the characters because that's just the kind of writer Maas is, (which is fine). But, I'm still nervous.


The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon - I'm just having a hard time focusing on this one for some reason. It has been so hyped that I worry that it might not be as good as people have made it out to be. But, I also know that I love Shannon's writing because I love the Bone Season series. 

Hope to Get to Soon
Some of these are dependant on the library, and when those holds come through. I borrow Ebooks, so it's a really fast turn around.

The Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski - The wait time is kind of long, so I don't know when I'll get this one. 

Champion: The Graphic Novel by Marie Lu - The wait time for this one is pretty short, and it's a quick read. I really like the graphic novel, but it's not nearly as long as it should be.

I think I have another book on hold, but as I make this list, Overdrive doesn't want to work so I'm unable to check. But this is a book I'll be getting from the library, hopefully.

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin - Last I checked, this was available right now to check out. I just keep not borrowing it. 

On Shelf, Want to Read Soon

The Wicked King by Holly Black - I have book three on my shelf too, but I don't know if I plan on getting to both this summer. I suppose I could, it just all depends on my mood. I don't always like binge-reading series, it depends on how this one goes for me.

The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey - The plan and hope is to buddy read this with a friend. I re-read the first book earlier this year and I was going to go straight into this one, but my friend wanted to read this with me but she hadn't read the first book yet, so I'm waiting on that. But, if she hasn't finished book one by July, I'm just gonna read this one without her. 

Beyond a Darkened Shore by Jessica Leake - This one has just been on my shelf staring at me for a bit, and I already started it, I think last year, and by "started it" I mean I pulled it off my shelf and put it on my desk but never actually opened it. Kind of no excuse really.

Blood's Pride by Evie Manieri - This one I just need to read. I bought it by accident over a year ago, the cover is similar to the book I was actually looking for but couldn't remember the title of. I hope it's good. I just didn't read it once I realized it wasn't the book I was looking for, being a little indignant about it. I never gave it a chance.

Archenemies by Marissa Meyer - I need to read this. I bought it before I even finished the first book, then I heard that it wasn't very good and that put a damper in my excitement for it. Then I heard recently that it's actually pretty good and the third book, Supernova, is really good. So, I just need to read this.

10 comments:

  1. The Priory is one I want to read but I think it's size has been putting me off. I do want to try it though hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Kindle version, so it seems less scary holding my kindle than that chonker of a book. I think Kingdom of Ash has more pages, that one I'm reading in hardback.

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about The Priory and Archenemies! I already have both on my ereader, but no time :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Kingdom of Ash!

    I found Priory of the Orange Tree quite hard to get into. Archenemies and The Wicked King are good.

    Here's mine: https://www.lauriesbookshelf.com/tags-memes/top-ten-tuesday-books-on-my-summer-2020-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to read The Wicked King soon! It's one of my favorite series. Also, hope you enjoy those books :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Champion does sound interesting.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you enjoy both Priory and Kingdom of Ash!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/06/16/top-ten-tuesday-268/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you like Kingdom of Ash.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoy A Clash of Kings. That book is so long!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished up Kingdom of Ash recently and it's a brilliant ending. :)

    ReplyDelete