Translate

Thursday, June 18, 2020

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Friday 50/50 | Blogger Hop || Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7) by Sarah J. Maas || Best/Worst Read of the Year.... So Far

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.



Synopsis:
   Aelin Galathynius has vowed to save her people ― but at a tremendous cost. Locked within an iron coffin by the Queen of the Fae, Aelin must draw upon her fiery will as she endures months of torture. The knowledge that yielding to Maeve will doom those she loves keeps her from breaking, but her resolve is unraveling with each passing day…
   With Aelin captured, friends and allies are scattered to different fates. Some bonds will grow even deeper, while others will be severed forever. As destinies weave together at last, all must fight if Erilea is to have any hope of salvation.





Book Beginning:
He had been hunting for her since the moment she was taken from him. 
His mate.

Friday 56:
Elide let out a soft, vicious laugh. "Of course you didn't. Why would you have intended for your wonderous queen to sever the blood oath?"











*   *   *   *   *

50/50 Friday is a new weekly link-up hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books.  Every week they have a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts' blogs.

This week's topic is Best/Worst Read of the Year.... So Far

The best of the year is a tie between 
I read them, basically, back to back. Both are phenomenal. 

The worst is more of a huge letdown
I just had really high expectations, that weren't met even a little bit. 
I loved book one so much, and this one failed me across the board (of what I read)


*   *   *   *   *

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: Do you visit indie and/or used bookstores? Also, have you ever worked in any?

   A: Does Powells count as an Indie-bookstore? Because I've shopped there. And, unfortunately, no I've never worked in one. 


7 comments:

  1. I love Powell's in downtown Portland. I got totally lost in the store and had to get the map to find my way around. My Friday quotes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't started reading this series. This one looks interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An iron coffin? Eeesh. There used to be a used bookstore near me but they moved and now the closest one os an hour away. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so much good stuff about The Poppy War! I really need to give it a go!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read The Poppy War, even though I'm a bit afraid with all the hype I've heard haha
    I love used bookstores! There is a certain neighbourhood in Athens with a lot of them and I regularly visit it :)
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember if I'm on 6 or 7... LOL... Geez, I gotta get back to that series! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kuang's series is amazing - I can't wait to read book 3!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete