Translate

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Book Tag - It's Finally Fall!

Yay, another Book Tag!

I Saw this on Books with Emily's Channel. The video of the tag creator seems to have been removed or made private, so I can't share it or credit them, Sorry.


It took a long time for Fall to show up here in my neck of the woods of the Pacific Northwest USA. It's only really felt like fall for the past week or so; which is odd because it took a long time for Summer to get here, wasn't until mid-July that we got weather over 70f. Anyway, now that feels like fall this tag came at the right time for me.

Book covers are linked to Goodreads page



1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting! 
Even though most of this book takes place in a maze, it was very easy to envision everything.



2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief.
   Does this count? It's kind of about revenge, to deal with the loss and grief.



3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new.
   I don't read a lot of non-fiction, mostly books on writing. But this one gave me great insight on how to develop believable fictional worlds through language.



4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of.
    The good ol' cliche answer, but I don't care. The Weasley's.



5. The colorful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines!
   


6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.
    This is the fist one that came to mind. I know I already used it, but oh well. I don't know who the narrator is (yet, I heard that it's revealed in Darkdawn, and I haven't read it yet. Still waiting for it from my Library)


7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read.
     This book is a little creepy.



8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day.
    This is just the cutest book I have ever read.



9. Fall (luckily, it’s my favorite season) returns every year: name an old favorite that you’d like to return to soon.
    I need/want to finish my re-read of Harry Potter. I started Goblet last year, but fell out of the mood to re-read those books. I am getting back into that mood. I think Halloween to Christmas is the Harry Potter time of year for me.



10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favorite cozy reading “accessories”!
   
My Gudetama Blanket

My Sock Monkey Mug
(These aren't my actual ones, but this is what they look like. 
I'm too lazy to take a picture of the ones I own.)

11. Spread the autumn appreciation and tag some people!
      Well, I don't know who's done this tag, if anybody. So if this looks like fun, you're tagged.

 This also seems to be a tag created for YouTube, but while I technically have a "channel" because I have a Google account, I don't post anything, I just have a bunch of playlists.



1 comment:

  1. I am so freaking JEALOUS of where you live! Took till July to get to 70! That sounds like heaven! I hate hot weather with a passion so and live in OK... yeah I know, dumb choice.

    ReplyDelete