Translate

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Review: Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend

Title: Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow
Author: Jessica Townsend
Series: Nevermoor #2
Genre: Middle-Grade/Magic/
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: November 13th, 2018
Edition: Kindle Edition, 545 pages
Source: Library






Synopsis:
Wunder is gathering in Nevermoor ...

   Morrigan Crow may have defeated her deadly curse, passed the dangerous trials and joined the mystical Wundrous Society, but her journey into Nevermoor and all its secrets has only just begun. And she is fast learning that not all magic is used for good.
   Morrigan Crow has escaped her deadly fate and found a new home in the fantastical city ...

Review:

I am loving this series. I love how much Morrigan grew in this book. She is easily a favorite character. Through all her hardships she remains this intensely kind person with such care for others when it could have been easy for her to be angry at the world for how she'd been treated by others.

This book was so captivating and engaging. All the characters are fantastic, even though Morrigan is my favorite. All her new classmates from Unit 919 are very different and interesting, I hope I get to know a little more about them as the series goes on.

I loved seeing more of Nevermoor. Bringing a better understanding of the setting, getting to know a little more about the past Wundersmiths. The ones who came before the infamous Ezra Squall ruined what it means to be one. And what they had really done for Nevermoor.

This book is just so endearing and I love it. The HP vibes continue, (but this series still remains very different). I love being in this world almost as much as I loved being in the world of Harry Potter. The magical wonder is very present. And I would love to just walk the streets of this world. (as long as I had a map to keep me away from the tricky alleys)

There are a number of new characters added to this book, and they are all very interesting. Most of them are the teachers for Morrigan and the other students in her unit, along with a small handful of older students. The teachers, Morrigan's teachers play a pretty big role in this book. She only has two, and neither teacher are really exactly as they seem.

This book was just so wonderful and magical and I don't know what I am going to do while I wait for the third book.

1 comment:

  1. Love your review and fully agree! Thank you again for introducing me to these books <3

    ReplyDelete