Translate

Monday, April 29, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: Inspirational/Thought-Provoking Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And moved to That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.


Most of my thought-provoking quotes come from Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
That's why I get a little salty when people trash on the book. It might be petty, but that's the way I feel. Honestly, there are so many fantastic quotes in this series.

Also, I think Brimstone says all of these.

"Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsters?""


"Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic."


“Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there's no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” 

“Peace is more than the absence of war. Peace is accord. Harmony.” 

*     *     *

There was dishonor, she decided, in accepting someone else's idea of honor without question.
 -The Winner's Crime

Even paradise could become a prison if one had enough time to take notice of the walls.
 -Falling Kingdoms.


7 comments:

  1. Your last quote was my favorite one.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Daughter of Smoke and Bone. You chose some great quotes from there!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading the sentence "hope makes its own magic" made me shudder in a good way. I love it!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these quotes. I've wanted to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone for a while now, now I want to read it even more!
    https://bookishtreats.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone has some gorgeous writing!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/04/30/top-ten-tuesday-209/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to read that book! I started once and got sidetracked with something else before I got into it. Need to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone someday. It was on sale a couple of months ago, so I bought it, I just have to get around to read it. ::Looks over at list of 25 books that I need to read, and that's only a partial list:: Someday...

    ReplyDelete