I will be counting whole series as one book if I started and read all the books (available) in the series this year. And as always, this list isn't in any particular order:
1) The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer 1-3 All amazing books and I can't believe I waited so long to start the series (Review: Cinder, Scarlet, Cress)
2) Ruin and Rising By Leigh Bardugo (Review Here)
A great end to a beautiful story. There were parts where my heart hurt for the characters
3) City of Heavenly Fire By Cassandra Clare (Review Here)
I can't wait to read Ms Clares next Shadowhunter book, and I hope to see Jace and Clary in the future books
4)Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (Review Here)
Holy. Crap. This series just keeps getting better and better.
5) Dreams of Gods and Monsters By Lani Taylor (Review Here)
This was kind of like the year of series endings. This is probably one of the best written books I have read in my life.
The first Contemporary series on my list. These characters just have something really special about them.
I love every book by Ms. Armentrout I have read. I've read most of her books and have yet to find one that I didn't love. I should just have a category for all of my favorite books by her.
Another series I waited too long to read. The world was wonderful, and really well devloped, The characters were well rounded and interesting. Nothing about the mystery in each book left me bored.
These characters and this story is something that gets left out of YA and NA books a lot. Where the characters are all so flawed. Nobody is perfect, and the road to their happiness isn't paved. They struggle and make mistakes. They can be read as stand-alone books.
10)Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes (Review Here)
So many to choose from, the number 10 slot is hard to fill. But since I just finished this book a few days ago, it is the freshest in my mind. I re-read the other books in this series earlier this year, and I gotta say, like the Throne of Glass books, each book becomes my new favorite of the series. These characters are so well rounded and I like how nobody is all good or all bad, well except for King Gaius, he's a dick. But each character is easily deciferable from the other, and the story is so engaging. I don't know who I want to win. It's kind of like Game of Thrones in that aspect.
(Honorable mentions: Coldest Girl in Coldtown, Princess of Thorns, The Body Electric, Cipher, Fallen Crest Series, Opposition, Hopeless, Losing Hope, Sweet Reckoning, The Dark Elements series, The Young Elites, Pushing the Limits 1,2,&3, The Bone Season)
Top 10 books I wanted to read this year but didn't, this list is hard because most of the books I really want to read, aren't out yet.
1) The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken
2) Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
3) The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
4) Talon by Julie Kagawa
5) Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
6) Half Bad by Sally Green
7) Take Me On by Katie McGarry
8) The Bane Chronicle by Cassandra Clare
9) Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
10) Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown