Translate

Thursday, September 28, 2023

Tag: Finally Fall Booktag

 The weather around here has finally started to feel like fall. A week ago, it was still in the low 80s, too hot for this time of year. Fall/Autumn is my favorite time of year. It's the time of year when it temperature is the most tolerable for me. I can't wait for the leaves to start falling. I last did this tag in 2019.




1. In fall, the air is crisp and clear: name a book with a vivid setting!
   I read this in August, and while I didn't love the latter half of the book (things kind of took a turn that felt a little jarring), it still has one of the most vivid settings in a book I've read this year.

2. Nature is beautiful… but also dying: name a book that is beautifully written, but also deals with a heavy topic like loss or grief.
    There's a lot of other heavy topics in this book, along with grief.

3. Fall is back to school season: share a non-fiction book that taught you something new.

    I don't read a lot of Non-fiction, but the one I read this year was very impactful.

4. In order to keep warm, it’s good to spend some time with the people we love: name a fictional family/household/friend-group that you’d like to be a part of.
    Royce and Hadrian seem like a great found family to be part of.

5. The colorful leaves are piling up on the ground: show us a pile of fall-colored spines!
    I don't have many (physical) books that are fall-colored. Or, what I'd call fall-colored.
 
6. Fall is the perfect time for some storytelling by the fireside: share a book wherein somebody is telling a story.
    I this is the only one I've read where it's not first-person but someone is telling the story.
 That kind of book doesn't always appeal to me.

7. The nights are getting darker: share a dark, creepy read.
    Hands down, one of the creepiest reads I've read.

8. The days are getting colder: name a short, heartwarming read that could warm up somebody’s cold and rainy day.
    This book is so freaking cute. I need to get the sequel.


9. Fall returns every year: name an old favorite that you’d like to return to soon.
    I haven't been in the mood to re-read anything, but I'd like to get back to the World of Elan.
The Riyria Revelations, and then The Rise and Fall series.
 
10. Fall is the perfect time for cozy reading nights: share your favorite cozy reading “accessories”!
    I have a number of wool socks that I have for when the weather starts to get cold. I also have one of those hoodie-blankets that I can tuck my whole body into to stay warm.
I also have a collection of Fall/Halloween themed novelty mugs. The one I am currently using is a gnome with a cauldron. (it was a little awkward holding it with my left hand so I could take a picture with the other)

No comments:

Post a Comment