Translate

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Book Beginnings | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || The Mask Falling (The Bone Season #4) by Samantha Shannon

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


 
I've had an eBook copy since around the time it came out in 2020 and a Hardcover for about a year, and I haven't started it until now. I've been decent about reading books I own the past couple of months, but I still have so many that I want and need to get read.



Synopsis:
   Paige Mahoney has eluded death again. Snatched from the jaws of captivity and consigned to a safe house in the Scion Citadel of Paris, she finds herself caught between those factions that seek Scion's downfall and those who would kill to protect the Rephaim's puppet empire.
   The mysterious Domino Program has plans for Paige, but she has ambitions of her own in this new citadel. With Arcturus Mesarthim - her former enemy - at her side, she embarks on an adventure that will lead her from the catacombs of Paris to the glittering hallways of Versailles. Her risks promise high reward: the Parisian underworld could yield the means to escalate her rebellion to outright war.
   As Scion widens its bounds and the free world trembles in its shadow, Paige must fight her own memories after her ordeal at the hands of Scion. Meanwhile, she strives to understand her bond with Arcturus, which grows stronger by the day. But there are those who know the revolution began with them - and could end with them.

******************************
 
 
 
 

Book Beginning:
Prelude:
 
Port of Calais
Republic of Scion France
1 January, 2060
 
Dawn had set its match to a clear sky when our cargo ship sailed out of Dover.
 
Friday 56:
I flinched to a stop when my boot knocked something across the rubble. The beam of my headlamp revealed part of a jawbone.
 
 
 
 **********
 
 
Book Blogger Hop
Click here to add your link
What To Do
1. Post an answer for the prompt.
2. Enter your Name/Nickname @ Blog Name and the direct URL to your post answering this week’s question linky list widget.
3. Please visit other blogs on the list and leave a comment on their BBH post.


Q: Do you recommend new authors to other readers?

A:  When I come across a lesser known author whose books I want more people to read.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't kept up with this series (the only one I've read is The Bone Season). The Mask Falling seems interesting though. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 56 certainly caught my attention.

    Sounds like we both recommend authors we find we like. Not surprising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting sounding book.

    I leave suggestions on Facebook groups if it is relevant to the question asked. So I recommend books rather than authors.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/14/book-blogger-hop-do-you-suggest-new-authors-to-your-readers/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take it it's part of a series? It does sound compelling and worth looking into. I will do that! Great cover. Love the bee. Any significance?

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 56 was a little mysterious and alluring! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a Samantha Shannon series for my Amazon Fire and then never read it. I really should do something about that. I am terrible about reading things I buy and then running to the library to check out books to actually read. Ha!

    My quotes this week at HeadFullofBooks

    ReplyDelete