Translate

Thursday, October 20, 2022

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Summer Knight (The Dresden Files #4) by Jim Butcher

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.



I don't know where this week went. I just kept forgetting to post anything, I also haven't finished a book in a while, or really read anything in a while. I think this might be due to me reading books I own, and I feel less inclined to read because with library books I'm on a bit of a deadline. Which is why this weekend I've started a book from the library. I've been meaning to continue this series, I was thinking of waiting to finish his other series that I've started first but there's a wait time for those books and not for this one.
*****************
Synopsis:
   Ever since his girlfriend left town to deal with her newly acquired taste for blood, Harry Dresden has been down and out in Chicago. He can't pay his rent. He's alienating his friends. He can't even recall the last time he took a shower. The only professional wizard in the phone book has become a desperate man.
   And just when it seems things can't get any worse, in saunters the Winter Queen of Faerie. She has an offer Harry can't refuse if he wants to free himself of the supernatural hold his faerie godmother has over him--and hopefully end his run of bad luck. All he has to do is find out who murdered the Summer Queen's right-hand man, the Summer Knight, and clear the Winter Queen's name.
   It seems simple enough, but Harry knows better than to get caught in the middle of faerie politics. Until he finds out that the fate of the entire world rests on his solving this case. No pressure or anything.
**********************

 
 
 


Book Beginning:
   It rained toads the day the White Council came to town.
 
 
Friday 56:
   "Hell's bells," I whispered. "I'm in trouble."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
****************
 
Book Blogger Hop
Click here to add your link
What To Do
1. Post an answer for the prompt.
2. Enter your Name/Nickname @ Blog Name and the direct URL to your post answering this week’s question linky list widget.
3. Please visit other blogs on the list and leave a comment on their BBH post.


Q: Are any of your bookshelves bowing because of too many books? 

A: Nope. My shelves are fairly new, and I also regularly donate books that I no longer want/don't plan on re-reading. Though I'm sure if I kept all the books I buy they would be.
 

8 comments:

  1. That opening certainly captures your attention. I've heard of this series, but I haven't actually read any of them.

    Like you, my bookshelves are in good shape. Unlike you, I don't tend to get rid of books. I really need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read fantasy in a while. This looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting book! I like the quotes.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/10/21/friday-56-fingersmith-by-sarah-waters/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both snippets caused me to giggle. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I donate books as well. I don't do it often, but if I read a book I own that I'm not in love with, then I'll donate it.

    My Book Blogger Hop Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully my shelves are not buckling either.

    I have shared quite a few books with my sisters. I know they are enjoying them even though I miss them. :)

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This series is a favorite of mine. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have three bookcases which are jam pack with books. There no signs of the shelves bending. One bookcase I had sine I was a kid and it lasted pass two bookcases I used to have and there no sign of it falling apart.

    ReplyDelete