Translate

Monday, August 22, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I’ve Read That I’d Like For My Personal Library

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
This week was supposed to be "Completed series I wish had more books", but I can't really think of any. I've started a few long series this year, so maybe my mind is just preoccupied with finishing those series', that I just can't think of any. Also a lot of the book series' that I have finished have an ending that I think is fitting for the series. And while I love those characters and wish I could keep reading about them, I think more books would never be enough.
**********


Yona of the Dawn by Mizuho Kusanagi - Among my favorite anime, it sadly only got one season way back in 2014. I've been reading the manga this past year, and I am nearly all caught up. It's not finished yet, but I am getting really nervous for Yona and her group.

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (era 1 and 2) - I read era one last year, and have been reading era 2 this year. At first I was hesitant to read era 2 because I heard a lot of mixed things for it, but I've been really enjoying it.
 
The Raven Rings by Siri Pettersen (books 2 & 3) -  (There isn't a listing on StoryGraph for the series, but I linked the third book The Might. Book 2 is The Rot and book one is Odin's Child, which I already own)
This was truly one of the best and most unique fantasy series' I have read in a long time. The characters and the world blew me away, and I really hope more of her books get translated, because I want to read them.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - (With the new covers, I have the old ones of books 1 & 2, and don't have books 3 and 4) I was able to finish the series though my library, but I'd really like to own these books so I can re-read them. The characters and the world are amazing.

Amari (Supernatural Investigations) by B.B. Alston - Amari is a fantastic Middle-Grade series, and I just love her as a character. I can't wait to read book 2.
 
Snow White with the Red Hair by Sorata Akiduki  - Another manga, this series is just so darn cute. It's slice of life, but in a some-what medieval setting. Zen and Shirayuki are so cute and sweet.
 
Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend - I love this middle-grade series. It's so whimsical, and magical. It gave me Harry Potter vibes, in the sense of how it made me feel the way I felt the first time I read Harry Potter back in the day. (that wasn't until High school, but still that was a while ago.)
 
The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang - This series destroyed me, I read all three books back to back. Do not recommend. But the characters and the writing are both amazing, and while Bable was not the book for me, I will be checking out everything else she writes forever.

Lips Touch : Three Times by Laini Taylor - A collection of short stories, with amazing art. Laini Taylor is also an auto-read author for me. Everything she's written that I've read, I have loved.

9 comments:

  1. I’ve heard so many good things about the Nevermoor series!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-completed-series-i-wish-had-more-books/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled with this week as I don't read many series.

    An interesting looking list!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/23/top-ten-tuesday-completed-series-i-wish-had-more-books/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you manage to add these to your collection sometime soon!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/23/top-ten-tuesday-382/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great change of topic! I recently bought the Nevermoor books in hardcovers to add to my shelves because I love them so much. I also want to have Mistborn, Amari and An Ember in the Ashes books on my shelf cos I loved these books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not the first to mention Poppy War and I think I MUST read it soon. It's been on my list forever, maybe now is the time.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/ttt-series-i-want-to-finish

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know about these books before reading your list!

    Here's my Top Ten Tuesday list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the original Mistborn series, but it's been a long time since I read them. I'd have to re-read the first ones before moving on to the more recent installments. Maybe I should!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to read Nevermoor one of these days. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete