Translate

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Love That Were Written Over Ten Years Ago

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
 
I got to making this list late, I started it this morning. I'd really like to get back into the groove of preparing these early so I don't have to rush the night before or early the next morning.
I had to look back at some loved books to make this list. Not all of these are favorites, but they are books that I really enjoyed. This list is also in no particular order.


I read this book for the first time last year. I've been lucky that the wait times for his books at my library haven't been too long, I am caught up on Mistborn. I plan to start Stormlight soon since I now have the first book on my shelf.
I haven't read this book in a while, but I remember really loving the world. I don't remember too much about the characters, and the plot is pretty straight forward.

Legend by Marie Lu (2011)
My favorite dystopian during the big boom of genre in the early 2010's. I think this series would be really good if adapted.
The book that made Laini Taylor an auto-read author for me.

Interview With a Vampire by Anne Rice (1976)
This has been a favorite book since I was around 12 or 13. I haven't read much more by her, quite frankly, I am nervous to read more.

Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls (1961)
Would you believe that I chose to read this book from my school's library when I was in 3rd grade? Yes it made me cry, and yes it was a favorite for a long time.
A classic that I think everybody should read.

Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher (2004)
I think this is the better series by Butcher. I haven't read his steampunk series yet, but I think the world in this series is more interesting than in the Dresden files. Though I should probably read more books in the series before I completely decide.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (1937)
I'd like to re-read this. I haven't read it since High School.

The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis (1955)
This is my favorite Narnia book. And most people I talk to don't like it. Which baffles me.

4 comments:

  1. Charlotte’s Web was such a good read!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-love-that-were-written-over-ten-years-ago/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Storm Front by Butcher a couple years ago as my introduction to him and loved it - my son has the complete series so I'm thinking of making that my next series to read front to back. I'm not familiar with the Calderon series but will look into it. I was a big Anne Rice fan for years - read all her books but my fave (and it made my list) is Cry to Heaven - not about vampires or witches.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/ttt-bks-i-loved-10-yrs-ago

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really want to start reading Brandon Sanderson. Great list with a lot of classics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Charlotte's Web when I was a kid, it didn't make my list this week as I did have to narrow down somewhere, but definitely a childhood favourite. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is also one I enjoyed but didn't make my list this week.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/16/top-ten-tuesday-381/

    ReplyDelete