Translate

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Warbraker by Brandon Sanderson

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Synopsis:
   Theirs is a world in which those who die in glory return as gods to live confined to a pantheon in Hallandren's capital city. A world transformed by BioChromatic magic, a power based on an essence known as breath. Using magic is arduous: breath can only be collected one unit at a time from individual people.
   But the rewards are great: by using breath and drawing upon the color in everyday objects, all manner of miracles and mischief can be performed. Brandon Sanderson proves again that he is a master of what Tolkien called 'secondary creation,' the invention of whole worlds, complete with magics and myths all their own.

Warbreaker is the story of two sisters - who happen to be princesses, the God King one of them has to marry, a lesser god, and an immortal trying to undo the mistakes he made hundreds of years ago.

****************


Book Beginnings:
It's funny, Vasher thought, how many things begin with my getting thrown into prison.
 
Friday 56:
"Do not presume to tell me what to do, Bebid. Just give me the information you promised, and you can be free of all this."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
****************
 
Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link
What To Do
1. Post an answer for the prompt.
2. Enter your Name/Nickname @ Blog Name and the direct URL to your post answering this week’s question linky list widget.
3. Please visit other blogs on the list and leave a comment on their BBH post


Q: Do you run your reviews through editing software before posting?
 
A: Sometimes. I proof read my reviews when I remember to. And if I am reviewing a book I got from Netgalley, I try extra hard to make sure there aren't any spelling errors.

5 comments:

  1. That beginning is definitely attention grabbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good book. I use Microsoft Word to check my spelling mistakes.


    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/19/friday-56-the-christie-affair-by-nina-de-gramont/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, interesting first lines. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beginning would certainly grab my attention! It's never occurred to me to use editing software on my reviews. I am the editing software. LOL

    Come see my Friday bookish fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the opening line! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete