Translate

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Captain's Fury (Codex Alera #4) by Jim Butcher

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Synopsis:
   After two years of bitter conflict with the hordes of invading Canim, Tavi of Calderon, now Captain of the First Aleran Legion, realizes that a peril far greater than the Canim exists--the mysterious threat that drove the savage Canim to flee their homeland.
   Now, Tavi must find a way to overcome the centuries-old animosities between Aleran and Cane if an alliance is to be forged against their mutual enemy. And he must lead his legion in defiance of the law, against friend and foe--or no one will have a chance of survival.
**************

 
 
 
 

Book Beginning:
Prologue
Amara soared down in a slow, gradual descent through cold, heavy eain as she neared the camp of the Crown Legion.

Friday 56:
If you can't trust your family, who can you trust?
"Nothing important," she lied quietly. "It can wait."








******************************************
 
 
 
Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link
What To Do
1. Post an answer for the prompt.
2. Enter your Name/Nickname @ Blog Name and the direct URL to your post answering this week’s question linky list widget.
3. Please visit other blogs on the list and leave a comment on their BBH post

 
Q: How many books do you buy per month? 
 
A: Honestly? Less than one on average. 90% of the books I read are from the library or books that I've owned for a while that I hadn't read yet. But about twice a year I buy like 10ish books. (Birthday and Christmas) so it might average out over the course of a year to about 1-3 a month.

9 comments:

  1. That's a great cover!

    I am a library book person with then Mother's Day, my birthday and Christmas used for any other books that I want!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/07/08/friday-56-the-bay-by-allie-reynolds/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you decided to continue this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't my type of read, but I hope you will have a relaxing weekend enjoying it.

    Regarding the book buying - that's just my retail therapy and we don't have a well functioning library, so I don't really have much choice but to buy the books....!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can feel the intensity coming off the cover of this book. I hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a humdinger of a read!

    How many books I buy in any given month depends on the budget and what catches my attention. I have loads of books already, but I always seem to find something shiny that I just have to have! Mostly ebooks, though, and many of those from Bookbub, so not terribly expensive.

    Stop by and see my Book Blogger Hop post here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet this is good!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like using the library. I just need to used it more then I have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Library really is a great way to go!

    ReplyDelete