Translate

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Top Ten Tuesday: 2022 Reading Goals

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.
I haven't purchased that many books recently. I barely buy many books in a year. So I'm going to do a different topic.


1. Catch up on my owned books.
    I have about 20 physical books, and I don't even know how many ebooks that I have unread in my possession. The Ebooks are the real problem, I see a book that looks interesting and it's either free, or 0.99 and I download it. This has happened over the course of a couple years, and I have physical books that I have owned for about 4 years that I haven't read yet. I either need to read them, or donate them.
 
2. Cut back on NetGalley/BookSirens requests.
    This will help me in getting the books I already have read. I also request books too close together, and then get approved close together, and then I feel like I'm in a mad rush to get them read and can't enjoy them the way I usually would.
 
3.  Read outside my typical genres more   
    I do this a little, sometimes, but I haven't read a classic since High School. And there are good classics out there. The ones forced on me in school aren't always the best.

4. Read longer books
    I've started to notice that shorter Fantasy books don't hold the same enjoyment anymore. I'm left wanting more of something in the story. Either character development or world building. 
 
5. Quality over quantity
     I've already started on this goal by setting my Goodreads goal to 1 book. I just want to read with out trying to fill in the gaps with books that I'm not sure I'll like or not. I got to my reading goal last year thanks to Manga. But I also read books that weren't very good just to reach my goal.
 
 
I only have five goals. But those first two are going to be hard.

4 comments:

  1. I definitely have to catch up on my owned books too... Good luck to us!

    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some good goals, the Netgalley one is one of my goals as well. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/most-recent-additions-to-my-book-collection-winter-book-haul/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also doing the top two. I am doing reading challenges so I will have motivation to read my OWN books, LOL. And, I have cut waaaaay back on Net Galley because I want to have the time to read my own books. https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/01/top-ten-tuesday-10-books-i-would-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. All great goals here. I think I lot of us (maybe ALL OF US) have or should have that first one... but I really like #4; in the fun of joining challenges and quantitative reading goals, long books often get the short shrift.

    ReplyDelete