Translate

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || The Heresy Within (The Ties That Bind #1) by Rob J. Hayes

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

I decided to put my best/worst of the month/year on the end of this post since I was on break from blogging last week. It was a much needed break.
 
Synopsis:
   As any warrior will tell you; even the best swordsman is one bad day away from a corpse. It's a lesson Blademaster Jezzet Vel'urn isn't keen to learn. Chased into the Wilds by a vengeful warlord, Jezzet makes it to the free city of Chade. But instead of sanctuary all she finds is more enemies from her past.
   Arbiter Thanquil Darkheart is a witch hunter for the Inquisition on a holy crusade to rid the world of heresy. He's also something else; expendable. When the God Emperor himself gives Thanquil an impossible task, he knows he has no choice but to venture deep into the Wilds to hunt down a fallen Arbiter.
   The Black Thorn is a cheat, a thief, a murderer and worse. He's best known for the killing of several Arbiters and every town in the Wilds has a WANTED poster with his name on it. Thorn knows it's often best to lie low and let the dust settle, but some jobs pay too well to pass up.
   As their fates converge, Jezzet, Thanquil, and the Black Thorn will need to forge an uneasy alliance in order to face their common enemy.
 
 
 
Book Beginning:
The Arbiter
"Burn them all!"
Thanquil tried to suppress the sigh that snuck up on him. He failed.

Friday 56:
 "It's not an accusation. For an accusation I would need proof."







 

**********

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: Do you have a genre you haven't read before but would like to?

A: I feel like I've read all the genres that interest me. I still haven't found a Sci-fi book that held my interest the same way Fantasy does. So, I'd love to find one that does. Horror, and all the sub-genres don't really appeal to me.

**********
Best and Worst Reads of Year/Best and Worst Reads of December
Book Covers are linked to my review

Best/Worst of the Year

Best
★★★★★


Worst
DNF


*****
Best/Worst of the Month

Best
★★★★☆

Worst
★★☆☆☆

8 comments:

  1. Heresy Within sounds like an intense read. I like a good anti-hero fantasy and it sounds like this one may have two? I hope you are enjoying it!

    I hope to read The Wolf and the Woodsman one day. I have a feeling I'd really like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting sounding book, and those teasers are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen The Wolf and the Woodsman around, sounds like a really good read!

    I've just started a book that falls under steampunk, a first for me.

    Have a good weekend and happy reading.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like it would be right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I absolutely loved 'The Wolf and the Woodsman' as well, it was so beautifully written and I can't wait to read more by Reid! If you're looking for good SciFi I'd recommend Monica Byrne's 'The Girl on the Road' or 'The Actual Star'. The second one is quite a big book, but the first one is a great introduction to how gripping SciFi can be! I hope you have a lovely weekend :) Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  6. Several interesting reads I've picked up here today! I am looking forward to trying them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intense beginning!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sci-fi isn't really my thing either. I've read few sci-fi books I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete