Translate

Friday, October 29, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) by George R.R. Martin

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

   I decided to finally continue the books. I read A Game of Thrones, in I believe 2019. Since there's no definitive date when the 6th book comes out, I'm not in a rush. 

 Synopsis:
   A comet the color of blood and flame cuts across the sky. And from the ancient citadel of Dragonstone to the forbidding shores of Winterfell, chaos reigns. Six factions struggle for control of a divided land and the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms, preparing to stake their claims through tempest, turmoil, and war. It is a tale in which brother plots against brother and the dead rise to walk in the night. Here a princess masquerades as an orphan boy; a knight of the mind prepares a poison for a treacherous sorceress; and wild men descend from the Mountains of the Moon to ravage the countryside. Against a backdrop of incest and fratricide, alchemy and murder, victory may go to the men and women possessed of the coldest steel... and the coldest hearts. For when kings clash, the whole land trembles.




Book Beginning:
   The comet's tail spread across the dawn, a red slash that bled above the crags of Dragonsotne like a wound in the pink and purple sky.


Friday 56:
   "I'd sooner be a wolf. Then I could live in the wood and sleep when I wanted, and I could find Arya and Sansa. I'd smell where they were and go save them, and when Rob went to battle I'd fight beside him like Grey Wind. I'd tear out the Kingslayer's throat with my teeth, rip, and then the war would be over and everyone would come back to Winterfell. If I was a wolf..." He howled. "Ooo-ooo-ooooooooooo."

-Bran







**********

Book Blogger Hop
Click here to add your link

Q: Did you read a book for Halloween? If so, what's the title? 

A: I've never read a book for Halloween. I'm typically handing out candy. And back in my school days, I was hanging out with friends and going to haunted houses and stuff.


**********

Favorite/Least favorite reads of October


Favorite 
★★★★★
(Close second was The Rot by Siri Pettersen)


Least
DNF @ 35%
Not bad, just not for me

3 comments:

  1. I've never read or watched The Game of Thrones. The book sizes were so daunting. I am spotlighting Buried in a Bog by Sheila Connolly this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet started this series! I like the intensity of the exceprt.
    Mine is a historical novel/bio set in France: https://francebooktours.com/2021/10/29/katherines-wish-friday-56/
    Do you like it? Feel free to request your copy and review it in your own time.
    You can also enter the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the show, and wonder if the books are better?! Great snippets! Happy Halloween weekend!

    ReplyDelete