Translate

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Book Beginnings | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children #1) by Seanan McGuire

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

This has been a long week, that also went by too quickly. 
I need to finish some books this weekend. Hopefully, I can because I have a lot of books that I need to get through.

 Synopsis:
   Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children
No Solicitations
No Visitors
No Quests
   Children have always disappeared under the right conditions; slipping through the shadows under a bed or at the back of a wardrobe, tumbling down rabbit holes and into old wells, and emerging somewhere... else.
But magical lands have little need for used-up miracle children.
   Nancy tumbled once, but now she's back. The things she's experienced... they change a person. The children under Miss West's care understand all too well. And each of them is seeking a way back to their own fantasy world.
   But Nancy's arrival marks a change at the Home. There's a darkness just around each corner, and when tragedy strikes, it's up to Nancy and her new-found schoolmates to get to the heart of things.
   No matter the cost. 
*********





Book Beginning:
 The girls were never present for the entrance interviews.

Friday 56:
Nancy frowned. "They talked to me."


*********************************

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: Which books/book series make you crave chocolate? 


A: I can always eat chocolate, I don't need a book to inspire me. Gimme that bar of dark chocolate.


*********************************
Edit: I keep forgetting to do this at the end of the month.


BONUS:

Best and worst reads of September

Best
★★★★★


Worst
★☆☆☆☆

5 comments:

  1. Dark chocolate does reign supreme, even if I don't really get chocolate cravings. I have been seeing this series around, especially now that the second one (I think?) is coming out. The quotes have me intrigued so I guess this Friday is one for picking up new series! I hope you enjoy it and that you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words
    P.S. I feel ya on weeks being both tough and over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cover and intriguing excerpts. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “BRAVE GIRL, QUIET GIRL”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious for more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting book. I will be looking this one up. Hop on over to my blog for my response

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never crave chocolate (I'm allergic) but I find that any book that involves food tends to make me a little hungry... I did spotlight a few foodie m/m romance reads with some chocolate plots over on my blog though

    ReplyDelete