Translate

Friday, July 16, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Air Awakens (Air Awakens #1) by Elise Kova

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

I got this book in March from Prime Reading, it's kind of like Kindle Unlimited, but I don't have to pay extra since we already have Amazon Prime, and it seems that there's no time limit for when I need to return it. I meant to read it sooner, but I just kept forgetting. Once again, NetGalley and the public library. Although I did recently go through and remove books, aside from the Manga, from my holds. It was getting too much. I still haven't read all the new books I got over a year ago that I have on my shelves, and I went and bought new books today. Such is life. 📚📚
 


Synopsis:
A library apprentice, a sorcerer prince, and an unbreakable magic bond...
   The Solaris Empire is one conquest away from uniting the continent, and the rare elemental magic sleeping in seventeen-year-old library apprentice Vhalla Yarl could shift the tides of war.
   Vhalla has always been taught to fear the Tower of Sorcerers, a mysterious magic society, and has been happy in her quiet world of books. But after she unknowingly saves the life of one of the most powerful sorcerers of them all--the Crown Prince Aldrik--she finds herself enticed into his world. Now she must decide her future: Embrace her sorcery and leave the life she's known, or eradicate her magic and remain as she's always been. And with powerful forces lurking in the shadows, Vhalla's indecision could cost her more than she ever imagined.


*   *   *   *   *




Book Beginning:
Summer storms were common in the capital and Vhalla Yarl had endured their visits in the seven years since she had moved from the East, but lightning and thunder were never welcome guests.


Friday 56:
Her entire body felt wrong. It felt as though someone stole her soul from her old body and placed it in a different one.








*   *   *   *   *

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: What is your least favorite type of character to read about? 

A: I have one specific character that I still hate after all these years, America Singer from the Selection trilogy. Characters like that are the worst. 



3 comments:

  1. I have this book but haven't read it. I did read and like A Deal With the Elf King, so I may have to eventually give this one a read. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious for more!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting Friday 56 teaser! That is even better than the opening sentence.

    ReplyDelete