Translate

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Snow White with the Red Hair, Vol.2 by Sorata Akiduki

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

I finished this book a couple days ago but I still wanted to share it, because I didn't review it on my blog. I read Manga too quickly, and this is one where I've already watched the anime, the anime doesn't cover all of the manga. I might do a bulk review once I finish the series or something. I only just found out how to make screenshots with my phone. This is a really sweet Shōjo manga. It's just two sweet kind people falling in love. There's none of that drama, no toxic jealousy. It helps that they are both actually adults at the start of the story (18 and 20). If you like sweet romance, check this anime or manga out.

Synopsis:
Shirayuki begins her duties as a court herbalist apprentice, but her mentor is a bit odd. He’s quiet, shy, moody, and…a child? Her first official duty is to quell an illness going around one of the forts that house Clarines soldiers. Will she be able to discover the cause of the outbreak in time?


*   *   *   *   *


Also, for those who don't know, you read Manga from right to left. It can be confusing at first. 

Book Beginning:



Friday 56:



*   *   *   *   *

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: How long have you stayed up to read a book?

A: 4AM... that was a bad decision on my part. I had things to do and was forced to do them with a very tired brain.

5 comments:

  1. Oh God yes, 4am reading is so bad but sometimes it's just impossible to stop yourself xD And I love the sound of Snow White with the Red Hair, sometimes you just need to read something sweet and gentle, without the drama. I'd also love to hear your thoughts on the difference between the manga and the anime and what was cut out! I hope you have a lovely start to the weekend and do drop by my Friday post if you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww man, I might have to check this one out! I didn't realize it was an anime. But I'm a sucker for manga about sweet romances. xD It's about the only sort of "romance books" I tend to read these days. Thanks for sharing it!

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks fun! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read a lot of manga recently - ought to be back to that format!

    ReplyDelete