Translate

Thursday, May 20, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || A Court of Silver Flames (A Court of Thorns and Roses #4) by Sarah J. Maas

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

I kind of hate that my post background is a similar color to the book cover. Not much I can do about that though.

 Synopsis:
   Nesta Archeron has always been prickly-proud, swift to anger, and slow to forgive. And ever since being forced into the Cauldron and becoming High Fae against her will, she's struggled to find a place for herself within the strange, deadly world she inhabits. Worse, she can't seem to move past the horrors of the war with Hybern and all she lost in it.
   The one person who ignites her temper more than any other is Cassian, the battle-scarred warrior whose position in Rhysand and Feyre's Night Court keeps him constantly in Nesta's orbit. But her temper isn't the only thing Cassian ignites. The fire between them is undeniable, and only burns hotter as they are forced into close quarters with each other.
   Meanwhile, the treacherous human queens who returned to the Continent during the last war have forged a dangerous new alliance, threatening the fragile peace that has settled over the realms. And the key to halting them might very well rely on Cassian and Nesta facing their haunting pasts.
   Against the sweeping backdrop of a world seared by war and plagued with uncertainty, Nesta and Cassian battle monsters from within and without as they search for acceptance-and healing-in each other's arms.



Book Beginning:
   The black water nipping at her thrashing heels was freezing.
Not the bite of winter chill, or even the burn of solid ice, but something colder. Deeper


Friday 56:
   "So you're supposed to convince Vallahan not to start another war, and I'm supposed to convince the human queens not to do so, either?"






*   *   *   *   *



Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link


Q: Do you have a monthly/yearly budget for books? Or are you a "what's a book budget?" kind of reader? 

A: Not really, I try to not buy books until I've read all my unread books, but that doesn't always happen. I think on average I spend about $100 a year on books. Which, is probably on the low end of the spectrum for most people. Borrowing most books I read from the library, or through NetGalley, helps keep those numbers low.

9 comments:

  1. I really need to hop aboard the Sarah J. Maas train, it's about time! Reading through NetGalley is definitely helping me keep the costs down as well but I'm one of those bookhoarders who just *needs* to buy new books occasionally, even if I still have loads of unread ones! I hope you have a lovely start to the weekend and do drop by my Friday post if you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read A Court of Silver Flames! I can't wait to do so!

    My Friday56 - https://www.thebutterflyreader.com/2021/05/the-friday56-duke-and-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so tempting! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE BREAK-UP BOOK CLUB”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of the books from this series, but I have heard a lot about A Court Of Silver Flames. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to keep my book buying budget low, but this week there have been too many tempting descriptions! Now if I could also expand my reading time budget...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking for exciting books for a younger cousin who likes fantasy and this sounds like it would be right up her alley! I'll find out if she has already read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still have to read the one before this one. Happy Memorial day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read anything by Sarah J Maas! But this is a popular choice for sure.

    Oh I wish I could have the will power to not buy any new books until I've read the ones that I own. Doesn't happen at all! I guess I will need to do one of those challenges where you only read the books on your shelf. But I'll wait for that until I have some new bookshelves and everything nicely sorted out.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the opening. I haven't yet read anything by Maas. I know her books are well liked though. Perhaps one of these days! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete