Translate

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || The Nature of Witches by Rachel Griffin

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Synopsis:
   For centuries, witches have maintained the climate, their power from the sun peaking in the season of their birth. But now their control is faltering as the atmosphere becomes more erratic. All hope lies with Clara, an Everwitch whose rare magic is tied to every season.
   In Autumn, Clara wants nothing to do with her power. It's wild and volatile, and the price of her magic―losing the ones she loves―is too high, despite the need to control the increasingly dangerous weather.
   In Winter, the world is on the precipice of disaster. Fires burn, storms rage, and Clara accepts that she's the only one who can make a difference.
   In Spring, she falls for Sang, the witch training her. As her magic grows, so do her feelings, until she's terrified Sang will be the next one she loses.
   In Summer, Clara must choose between her power and her happiness, her duty and the people she loves... before she loses Sang, her magic, and thrusts the world into chaos.




Book Beginning:
   "Being an Everwitch means two things: you are powerful, and you are dangerous."
 - A Season for Everything

Friday 56:
   I told her how sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and hear their screams.









*   *   *   *   *

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: What creative places do you keep books other than your bookshelves?

A: I have pretty limited space in my condo, so I pretty much only keep books on my shelves. I have a small shelf attached to my desk that I keep "currently reading" and unfinished series on. 


*   *   *   *   *

Best and Worst of March
Linked to my review

Best
☆☆☆☆☆

Worst
☆☆

7 comments:

  1. I also keep the books I'm currently reading, or intending to currently read!, in a separate place but honestly my books tend to spread! Also, this sounds like an amazing book! I'm always a sucker for witch stories, but tying it to the climate and throwing a bit of romance in there is a winner. I hope you have a lovely week and do drop by my Friday post if you have the time! - Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't usually read books about witches, but remembering how I sometimes love movies about them, I am tempted. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “EVERY VOW YOU BREAK”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so intrigued!!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several books piled up here and there other than the books crammed onto the bookshelf. I also use books in decorating around the house sometimes...little piles of themed books that match in some way. My selection this week is called Dragon Hoops

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a cool cover!

    I keep a basket of soon to read books by my bed. And I've started stacking extra coffee table books in piles on the floor because they are overflowing my shelves and coffee table stacks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, that cover is amazing!

    I keep my library books in a separate basket so they don't get mixed in with those I buy or receive as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really tempting! Thanks for sharing and introducing me. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete