Translate

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || The Other Side of Magic by Ester Manzini

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


Synopsis:
A revolution is brewing.
   Everyone within the realms of Epidalio and Zafiria is born with magic. However, it is also true that for every spell each and every magic-user casts, their innate abilities begin to slowly wane until their power is feeble and depleted.
True, that is, for almost everyone.
   Princess Gaiane Asares of Zafiria is the result of a nearly perfect genetic union. Harnessing royal and magical lineage in her conception, the princess was born infinitely powerful and with no limits upon her magic. Sequestered in a lonesome tower as her strength is used against her will to conquer the land of Epidalio, she must find a way to fight against her captors.
   Elsewhere within the realms, Leo—a commoner—was born with no magic at all. Except for her brain, wits, and her own anger, she must confront the circumstances thrown at her without the magical gifts that so many take for granted.

Book Released April 6, 2021



Book Beginning
"You can do it."
Her mother's voice fluttered against the shell of her ear.

Friday 56
Leo scanned the desolation, barely daring to breathe.












*   *   *   *   *
Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link


Q: What percentage (roughly) of the books you read do you write blog post reviews for? 

A: 80 to 90. Since more than half the books I read come from places like NetGalley, I prefer to write reviews for them on my blog over just on Goodreads (or Story Graph)

7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of The Other Side of Magic until now. I like the quotes you selected. It seems pretty interesting. I hope you enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now intrigued! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both snippets, especially the beginning! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started writing short reviews on Goodreads for ALL the books I read but longer reviews on my blog for about 75% of my reads. I don't get a lot of traffic for my book reviews which of course feels like the point of book blogging but I persist. My quotes are from Fifty Words For Rain

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beginning sure reeled me in. Love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Other Side of Magic sounds like my kind of book! I hope you are enjoying it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete