Translate

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Hope Santa Brings

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

I had to think about this, there's a pretty extensive backlist of books that I want to read, as well as some books that came out recently that I also want to read. Narrowing it down was kind of hard, but I think I did it.
This list is in no particular order.
 


1. The Winnowing Flame Trilogy by Jen Williams - This is a trilogy that I found out about a few months ago. And it sounds really good. 

2. An Ember in the Ashes Series by Sabaa Tahir - I actually have the first two, but I already needed to replace the first book because of a printing error blocking out half a paragraph in the first book, but then they changed the covers. So, I'd just like new hardcovers with all matching covers. Not sure if that's possible though.

3. Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance - The latest installment in the Avatar graphic novel series. I have all the other ones, and I'd like to add this to the collection.

4. Fullmetal Alchemist: Omnibus Series by Hiromu Arakawa - I've watched FMA: Brotherhood, I don't know how many times. But I've never read the Manga. I know that Brotherhood is very similar to the anime, but I still want to read it.

5. Yona of the Dawn Series by Mizuho Kusanagi - This was made into an anime in I believe 2014, but it only got one season, and there is enough content to have several seasons. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely at this point that another season will be made. So I want to read the Manga to see how things go.

6. These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong - Technically, I already read this book. I say technically because it was an uncorrected ARC. And I'd like to have a finished copy.

7. How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories by Holly Black - After discovering all I did about Cardan in both The Wicked King and Queen of Nothing, I want to read more involving his character. 

8. The Lives of Saints by Leigh Bardugo - I think I might need this book. The mythology and worldbuilding of the Grishaverse has always been interesting to me, and I always want to know more about any bookworld.

9. Nevermoor Series by Jessica Townsend - This series is just wonderful. It's on-going at this point. And I don't know how many books are going to be in the series. But I would love to have the books that are already out.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you receive and enjoy all of these books.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all of these find their way under your tree! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a few authors there I've been wanting to try. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Santa comes through for you this year :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have An Ember In The Ashes on my TBR shelf. I just need to find the motivation to read it. I hope Santa brings all these for you!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need the Lives of Saints too!

    ReplyDelete