Translate

Friday, November 27, 2020

Book Beginning | Friday 56 | Blogger Hop || Secrets of the Starcrossed (The Once and Future Queen #1) by Clara O'Connor

Please join us over at RoseCityReader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.


This is a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice
These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


I'm almost done with this book, but it's the only one that I'm reading that I haven't already shared. The last few months have been terrible reading months for me.


Synopsis:
   In a world where the Roman Empire never fell, two star-crossed lovers fight to ignite the spark of rebellion…
   Londinium, the last stronghold of the Romans left in Britannia, remains in a delicate state of peace with the ancient kingdoms that surround it. As the only daughter of a powerful merchant, Cassandra is betrothed to Marcus, the most eligible bachelor in the city.
   But then she meets Devyn, the boy with the strange midnight eyes searching for a girl with magic in her blood.
   A boy who will make her believe in soulmates…
   When a mysterious sickness starts to leech the life from citizens with Celtic power lying dormant in their veins, the imperial council sets their schemes in motion. And so Cassandra must make a choice: the Code or Chaos, science or sorcery, Marcus or Devyn?





Book Beginning:
   I scowled as I studied my reflection. Something was off... I couldn't quite place it, but I could see it was there. Or not there. And if I could tell, others would too. There would be consequences. I just wasn't sure what would be yet.

Friday 56:
   Fidelma smiled softly. "Bronwyn tells me that your friend is using magic to help people with the illness. Yes?"













*   *   *   *   *

Book Blogger Hop
Click Here to add your link

Q: Do you own an e-reader? If so, what is your favorite thing about it? 

A: Yes, I have a Kindle Fire, and I use it to borrow Library E-books and read the books I get from NetGalley. The best thing about it is the Library aspect.


*   *   *   *   *
BONUS

Best and "Worst" books I read in November

Best
The Wicked King by Holly Black


Worst
Rebel Rose by Emma Theriault

2 comments:

  1. Both snippets appealed to my bookish senses. :-) Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fantastic and it's going on my tbr. Thanks for introducing me.

    ReplyDelete