Translate

Monday, October 12, 2020

Tag: Autumn Vibes Book Tag

This tag was created by Jade over at JadedReader

    It's not that I don't follow a lot of bookish content creators, more than I don't know any of them well enough to use them for this tag, so I am only going to use books. Though the tag is set up to be used for either books or bookish content creators. I'm going to leave the prompts as is, for anyone who wants to do this, and interacts more with the people they follow enough to use them for the prompts. 


🍁Pumpkin Patch🍁
🍂🍂🍂
Name a book or booktuber that gets you excited for Fall and is tons of fun!
    I'm always ready for fall, it's my favorite season. But a book that comes to mind is Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor #1) by Jessica Townsend
The whimsy and magic of this book, and has a great setting that just feels like fall. New favorite Middle-grade series.
 
***
🍁Ghost Stories🍁
🍂🍂🍂
Name a book or booktuber that feels like a friend and goes deep on heavy topics.
    This is easy. One of my all-time favorite books. Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1) by Laini Taylor
With a war that has been going on for centuries, and most of the ones fighting weren't even alive when it started. A resurrectionist creating new bodies for the fallen, and a ruthless ruler who enslaves his children to fight his war. The summary of the book is from my favorite quote from the book. “Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsters?”


***
🍁Knitted Sweaters🍁
🍂🍂🍂
Pick a book or booktuber that brings you comfort and joy, once there you never want to leave.
    This book brings comfort as being a book that has been a favorite since I was about 12. I haven't re-read it in a couple years, but it gets this spot for being a favorite for so long.


 
***
🍁Dark Academia🍁
🍂🍂🍂
Pick a book or booktuber that is both romantic and alluring with just a bit of edge.
    It's not exactly a school setting, but it's the best one I could think of.
This book/series is really hard for me to summarize. There's a lot going on, but there are gangs of Clairvoyants. It's illegal to be clairvoyant. I need to re-read the three books that are out to refresh my brain on what's going on. As I said, there's a lot.



***
🍁Corn Mazes🍁
🍂🍂🍂
Fun by day, spooky by night, get yourself a book or booktuber that can do both!
    This is my favorite book by Holly Black. It's been a while since I've read this as well, but I remember having a lot of fun reading it, and I love the setting. It kind of reminded me of my hometown a little. Small town, with forest right next to it, although the forest in my hometown doesn't have fae in it.


 
***
🍁Victorian Flare🍁
🍂🍂🍂
Name a classic book and regal book or booktuber with a quirky flare!
     I don't read classics, I've tried and I could never get into them. But I've read a lot of retellings of fairytales, I think those count as classics. Well, I'm going to count fairytales as classics, most of them are older than the books considered classics. 
I haven't read this book yet, I read one chapter so far (it's an ARC), and while this isn't a fairytale I still think of it as a classic since it's a retelling of Shakespeare, These Violent Delights by Chloe Gong


***
🍁Mabon🍁
🍂🍂🍂
Name a book or booktuber with witchy vibes, an abundance of nature, the sweetness of spring, and the coziness of fall!
The only one I can think of is a book series, Winternight Trilogy by Katherine Arden. Most of this series takes place in the Russian wilderness. Though the setting is more winter than fall, it still has the fall-witchy vibe for me.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment