Translate

Monday, August 24, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
Now, hosted by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

 The topic for this week is supposed to be Questions I'd Ask my Favorite Authors, but I honestly can't think of a single one. At least not anything they probably hadn't been asked a thousand times. So I decided to do one from the past, I've read a lot more books since I did this topic two years ago, and have added to my favorites. 


"What does it mean to be born of the dead? What does it mean to begin?"
    The Deep by Rivers Soloman


"The point is -- as far as the Society is concerned --if you are not honest, and determined, and brave, it doesn't matter how talented you are."
    Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend


"Memory is a traitor, and a liar, and a good-for-nothing thief."
    Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff


"If everything looks good and pure, then nothing's truly beautiful. The ugliness is what makes beauty so distinct."
    The Savior's Champion by Jenna Moreci


Witch. The word drifted across his mind. We call such women so, because we have no other name.
    The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden


"We aren't here to be sophisticated. We're here to fuck people up."
    The Poppy War by RF Kuang


“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
    Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb


“Humans make art to remember and be remembered,” said Caius. “Art is their weapon against forgetting.”
    The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey


“You can achieve everything in this world, but if it’s for someone else, it’s pointless. Live for yourself.”
    Blood Heir by Amélie Wen Zhao


“I'll serve the state better by bettering myself.
One step at a time.
I can make history one step at a time.”
    Fireborne by Rosaria Munda

10 comments:

  1. I totally get having a hard time thinking of questions. I never had any either. So I went very specific with my questions, what I'd like to ask after reading a specific book. That definitely helped me think of some :p Anyway, great quotes! I especially like "We aren't here to be sophisticated. We're here to fuck people up." Nice and direct haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that quote from Fireborne.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Deep had so many quotable bits to it. Nice pick there.

    My post .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one from The Poppy War made me laugh!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2020/08/25/top-ten-tuesday-278/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes! I really like the one from Blood Heir. I have a copy but haven't had the time yet to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo! I love that quote about memory. It's so very true and makes me want to read that book!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Godsgrave was fantastic. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful, thought-provoking quotes and then, "we're here to fuck people up." �� I love it. Inserting humor amid the heavy stuff is the way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these quotes. Especially Nevermoor and The Girl in tower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these book quotes. You picked some great books too!

    ReplyDelete