Translate

Monday, March 5, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish,
And has recently moved to That Artsy Reader Girl's site. 
To take part, just pick your top ten, and add the link here.

Some of these quotes might make less sense if you haven't read the book. Maybe, you at least need to know the plot of the book. I'm making this list from my saved favorite quotes on Goodreads. Some are inspiring, some are funny, and some are a little romantic. I like to mix things up.

1) "Have you ever asked yourself, do monsters make war, or does war make monsters?" 


2) Will rolled up his sleeves "We'll probably have to break down the door--"
 "Or," Jem said, reaching out and giving the knob a twist, "not."
"Now, that's simply laziness," said Will"


3) "Day, the boy from the streets with nothing except the clothes on his back and the earnestness in his eyes, owns my heart. He is beauty, inside and out. His the silver lining in a world of darkness. He is my light."


4) "I don't know many rules to live by," he'd said, "But here's one. It's simple. Don't put anything unnecessary into yourself. No poisons or chemicals, no fumes or smoke, or alcohol, no sharp objects, no inessential needles -- drug or tattoo-- and... no inessential penises either." 

"Inessential penises?" Karou had repeated, delighted with the phrase in spite of her grief. "Is there any such thing as an essential one?"

"When an essential one comes along, you'll know." he'd replied.


5) “She was his princess. No. She was his goddess. With her golden skin and golden hair. She was his light. His life. His everything.
He loved her more than anything else in this world.” 



6) There was dishonor, she decided, in accepting someone else's idea of honor without question.


7) Becca pressed her face against his shoulder again, and he knew he wasn´t going anywhere.
"You keep saving me", she said.
"Yeah, well." He stroked the hair down her back. 
"I think we might be close to breaking even on that.” 
- Becca and Chris, Storm by Brigid Kemmerer


8) "I did not make a pie," Alec repeated, gesturing expressivly with one hand, "for three reasons. One, because I do not have any pie ingredeients. Two, because I don't actually know how to make a pie."
He paused, clearly waiting.
Removing his sword and leaning it against the cave wall, Jace said warily, "And three?"
"Because I am not your bitch," Alec said, clearly pleased with himself.


9) “All my life,” she said, “I have been told ‘go’ and ‘come.’ I am told how I will live, and I am told how I must die. I must be a man’s servant and a mare for his pleasure, or I must hide myself behind walls and surrender my flesh to a cold, silent god. I would walk into the jaws of hell itself, if it were a path of my own choosing. I would rather die tomorrow in the forest than live a hundred years of the life appointed me.” 


10) “I’m never letting you go again, Tate,” I whispered, almost desperate. “I’m your friend forever, and if that’s all I get, then that’s what I’m taking, because only when you’re here”—I took her hand and placed it on my heart—“I feel like my life is worth a damn.” 

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read many of these books. I do like that quote from The Bear and the Nightingale though. Such a pretty quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrestled with that question this week, too. It can be hard at times to know if a quote will make as much sense to someone who hasn't read the whole book yet. Although maybe the right quote will entice new readers to check out a book you loved!

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I totally forgot the inessential penis quote from DoSAB, it made me laugh so hard when I read it!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/03/06/top-ten-tuesday-149/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed Daughter of Smoke and Bone as well, nice quotes!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-book-quotes.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these books but I loved all these quotes. The first won though is my favourite on your list. It is so deep and true :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete