Translate

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Tag : Mid-Year Freak Out 2020

  I don't know if I did this last year. Honestly, at this point, most of 2019 was a blur. I'm currently reading two books that are nearly 1k each, so I haven't had anything to review in a while and I am procrastinating on reading them because they are books I own so I'm not on a time limit the way I am when I read library books. But that leads me to not really having much of anything to post. So I figured what the heck, I'll just do this tag. It's been a while since I've done one, this is something easy(ish) and fun. 
  This tag was originally created by ReadLikeWildFire (She seems to have removed her original video though, so I just linked her channel.) and Earl Grey Books.




1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2020. 

There is so much that can be said about this book, and I don't know if I have the words for it. Even in my review, I was kind of incoherent. It just blew me away. It's not the "biggest surprise" because from the synopsis I knew it was going to be something I was going to love.


2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2020.

This is me not picking the obvious sequel to Poppy War, I mean that was also fantastic, but I've been wanting this sequel/continuation to Legend since I finished Champion. I loved being Daniel(Day) again, and this time his younger brother Eden got to be the other POV with Day. 

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.

I just got the Kindle version a couple days ago. But as I am already two really long books I'll have to wait.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.

November 26th, 2020
 I try not to have multiple books from the same series on tags, but OH MAN, am I looking forward to this book.

5. Biggest disappointment.

So, my not review (since I didn't finish it) says it all. But also after thinking about it more, this felt like a third book, and that a second book was needed between them. I just loved book one so much and was hoping that the sequel was going to be just as good. But it let me down across the board.

6. Biggest surprise.

I may have requested this book, but Vampire books have been more miss than hit for a long time. And this one was actually really good and brought something new to it, for me. It might also be unfair that I compare all vampire books against Interview with a Vampire. Not saying that this one is anything like it, just that it doesn't romanticize vampires the way they have been in recent years.

7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)

Both the Poppy War and Dragon Republic nearly destroyed me in the best way. Her characters are just so real in every way.

8. Newest fictional crush.

I don't have one.

9. Newest favorite character.

Kitay, from The Poppy War series. He just deserves to be protected and kept safe. He was a voice of reason Rin needs and I would protect him at all costs.

10. A book that made you cry.

Not the book as a whole, since it's short stories, parts of it made me cry.

11. A book that made you happy.

But in a weird way. It was a really good conclusion to this story, and I really felt like it ended in a way that sets things up for a sequel series or something. It might just be hopeful thinking though. 

12. The most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)

I haven't read it yet, but physically it's a gorgeous book, regardless of how many people seem to dislike it. 

13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

   Oof... um... a lot of books. I've already read more than half the number of books I wanted to read this year, but I still feel like I haven't really read anything. I want to get through the rest of my owned books, which isn't that many any more (yay!). 
  I want to finish up the Witcher series, but those take forever from the library. I want to get through at least one more Song of Ice and Fire books, those are all available from my library (ebooks) with no wait time.
  Basically, more books than there are weeks left in the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment